With having autos of general manufacturing all on the rebound, it looks as if that signal has been given.
Coopersville, MI (PRWEB) December 22, 2011
As 2011 comes to an end and the holiday season in full swing, its time to stop and reflect a bit to look back and look ahead. Looking back SelfLube, a manufacturer of mold and die components, has come along way since it first opened its doors in 1990. Back then it produced only one product: die wear plates. Over the years it made many more additions to its product line. First bushings, then gibs, then wear strips and many more items. Now with over 8,000 different part numbers the company is well positioned to serve the needs of just about any component in the industry.
Looking ahead, the New Year seems fairly positive for SelfLube and its staff as mold and die industries are returning to somewhat normalcy:
- Many companies in the industry will be starting 2012 with nice backlog, something not seen for a long time.
- The auto industry, a significant buyer of tooling, is expecting another growth year in 2012.
- Manufacturing in general has been rebounding. The majority of the new jobs that have been created in the past few quarters have been in the manufacturing sector.
- The ratio of the average home price to average income, which went way out of whack during the housing bubble, is now back to its historical norm. Many believe this means that the housing prices have bottomed out and will be creeping upward.
- Businesses are sitting on an unprecedented amount of cash. There is no shortage of money to finance capital improvements, which includes buying tooling. All that is lacking is some sort of signal.
- Now, with things turning around the demand will be there, CEO of SelfLube, Phil Allor states, "With having autos of general manufacturing all on the rebound, it looks as if that signal has been given."
SelfLube recently added 5 new positions in sales, shipping and customer service. The company sees further growth in the industry. And, with a strong business model of high quality components and excellent customer service, the company is ready to head into the New Year full throttle.
SelfLube is a US based manufacturer of precision mold and die components such as bushings, gibs, wear strips, parting line locks, lifter slides and related items - 8,000 standard part numbers in all, many of which are self-lubricating. The company sells directly to build shops throughout North America and Canada, which results in both better pricing and better customer service. Its record for on time delivery is among the best in the industry.
# # #