New York, NY (PRWEB) July 1, 2009
Empire Gold Buyers offers advice on how to sell gold for cash -- and do so with confidence. Empire Gold Buyers recommends that consumers follow the tips outlined below to ensure they receive the compensation they deserve:
- Gold parties sound convenient and enjoyable, but remember that these are "for profit" events. The purchaser of consumers' gold will inevitably sell it to a refiner. Take the middleman out of the equation by selling directly to a refinery like Empire Gold, and avoid any hidden assessments.
- Sell gold jewelry cautiously. That precious stone imbedded in that ring should be assessed separately.
- Make sure items are insured before shipping them off to anyone. Do not send gold to a P.O. Box; instead, select a source that has a real address.
- Beware of companies that offer a minimum or top payout. Some have exorbitant requirements such as 50 ounces, which few people can fulfill.
- Make sure an offer will be issued for the jewelry. Do not simply accept a check.
- Understand the makeup of gold jewelry. For example, a piece stamped "14 karat gold" means that it is 58.5% gold - the rest of it is a mixture of silver, copper or zinc. Conversely, 24 karat gold is 99.9% pure.
For more information regarding selling gold for cash, contact Empire Gold Buyers at 1-888-949-3674 for more information. A trusted name in the gold purchasing realm, Empire Gold Buyers strives to educate the public regarding the true value of gold, and always attempts to help clients reap the highest returns possible for their jewelry and scrap gold.