Valencia, CA (PRWEB) July 7, 2006
Linda Slocum, a member of the Southland Regional Association of Realtors (SRAR), was recently awarded the esteemed designation of Accredited Seller Representative® (ASR®). She joins a select group of top producing real estate agents in the Santa Clarita area who hold this highly sought-after designation.
Slocum earned the ASR® designation by completing the intensive seller agency training requirements. The Accredited Seller Representative® training is managed by the Seller Agency Council, Inc. (http://www.selleragency.com) and is geared towards providing agents the tools and skills needed to professionally represent the seller in a real estate transaction. In addition, designees must be able to prove that they have conducted successful seller representation in a minimum number of transactions.
With this designation and increased awareness of seller representation, REALTORS® can better serve prospective clients and customers. ASR® designation sets the individuals who have attained it apart from other practitioners because it indicates to the public that the individual has obtained a professional education on which to base the value added services they provide and that they are a member of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR). Bylaws of ASR® denote that designees:
- Abide by the tenants and beliefs contained in the NAR Code of Ethics;
- Diligently strive to enhance personal skills needed to enable the delivery of “value added” services to home sellers;
- Develop and implement effective communications with home sellers during and after the transaction;
- Research market statistics in order to price the property for sale with accuracy;
- Prepare and present a comparative market analysis in a professional and organized format;
- Always be truthful in pricing the seller’s property;
- Be willing to refuse acceptance of listings that cannot be priced competitively;
- Develop a detailed marketing plan for every property listed;
- Solicit colleague assistance, or refer the listing when unable to financially support a property marketing plan;
- Place the interest of the seller above all others in the transaction, and never work in a disclosed dual agency relationship (unless, directed by my broker or required by state law);
- Always demonstrate ethical conduct and integrity in every aspect one’s real estate career.
For general home selling information visit http://www.HoneyStartPacking.com and for specific help on selling your home contact Linda Slocum, your local Seller Agency expert at 661.670.0349.
# # #