Since most attraction and tour companies close down for the winter, there isn't a wide selection like there is in the summer.
Destin, FL (PRWEB) January 25, 2012
The winter is finally here and Destin is ready for another "Snowbird Season". Snowbirds are tourists (typically seniors) from northern states that come down for a few months during the winter to get out of the cold weather. Since most attraction and tour companies close down for the winter, there isn't a wide selection like there is in the summer. Here are TripShock.com's recommendations for some great things to do.
1) Dolphin Cruise - Join Olin Marler Charters for a two hour narrated dolphin cruise. See wild bottlenose dolphins and other marine wildlife. Cruises are offered daily and seniors discounts are available.
2) Air Force Museum - Just outside Eglin Air Force Base is the Airforce Museum in Fort Walton Beach. Get a first hand look at historic aircraft that was active in WWII and Vietnam.
3) Sunquest Dinner Cruise - Spend an evening with one of the finest restaurants in town. Enjoy a 3 course meal and live entertainment aboard Destin's only dinner cruise.
4) Private Sailing Charter- Go sailing on the Destin Harbor and spend an intimate or casual evening on the water. See the Destin sunset like never before. Bring some wine and light snacks and take in the sea air.
5) Bike Rental - Rent a bike and take a ride down one of the many trails or side roads in the Destin area. Old scenic 98 is a great ride along the beach and has bike friendly lanes.
TripShock! ® is the one and only travel agency that enables travelers to book accommodations, tours, and activities online directly for the Northern Gulf Coast. TripShock! offers trusted reviews from real travelers, photos, videos and other planning tools to help create the perfect Gulf Coast vacation. TripShock! attracts more than 500,000 visitors annually and partners with over 100 activity and lodging providers from Florida to Louisiana.