San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) December 31, 2011
Search engine optimization, referred to more frequently as simply SEO, continues to grow in importance as website and business owners realize the importance of making their sites easy to find in top search engines, such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo. Increasingly, website administrators are turning to SEO professionals to increase their sites’ ranking in search engine results. Such efforts can be costly—usually running anywhere from hundreds to thousands of dollars a month for even the most modest websites.
While such marketing investments can prove profitable in the long run, they aren’t always necessary. Owners and administrators of new websites can prime their websites for optimum search engine results by taking a number of straightforward and simple steps.
7 Simple SEO Tips for New Websites
1. Domain Choice: Website owners should choose a domain name that’s relevant to or even contains the search engine keywords the site targets. For example, a Chicago company hoping to capture a share of the lawn care market could register the domain chicagolawncare.com, or should at least consider finding a way to include “lawncare” in the domain name.
2. Keyword Research: The Google AdWords Keyword Tool offers website administrators an invaluable tool for researching and choosing which keywords to target. This tool allows users to find out how frequently a set of keywords (and a number of other related phrases) are typed into Google and how much competition there is for each keyword or phrase. Ideally, site administrators should look for phrases with high search volume and low competition.
3. URL Optimization: Each web page has a URL or address, and search engine’s crawlers take note of them. Rather than having randomly generated page URLs or numbered URLs, site administrators should include targeted keywords in each page’s URL.
4. Social Media Promotion: Search engines are growing smarter about social media and including social media related metrics in their site ranking algorithms. Site administrators should establish Facebook,LinkedIn, Google+, and Twitter accounts (as appropriate) that promote and link to articles and other content on the main site.
5. Publication Timeline: Many new website owners publish their websites too soon. Websites should not go live until there is enough content on them to create the a professional and finished appearance. A mostly empty website will have a negative effect on both search engine crawlers’ and live users’ perceptions.
6. Link Building: The more links a website has pointed at it, the more popular it will become—among both users and search engines. Website owners and administrators can build links by finding partner sites with which they can collaborate, participating in online forums and social media sites, submitting online press releases, submitting articles to online article repositories, creating YouTube videos, and submitting comments to news and editorial sites.
7. Natural Language: While it’s true that spamming keywords in a website could once improve a site’s ranking, that’s no longer the case. Content writers should include targeted keywords where appropriate but should not try to artificially inflate the frequency of target keywords. If a page’s keyword density is such that it’s likely to make a typical reader cringe, then it’s probably too high for search engine crawlers as well.
About BizCloud® Network:
Bizcloud Network is a technology media company with a strong focus on delivering top industry news and producing reviews of Web, Mobile, Digital and Cloud Computing products and services. The site offers insights into rapidly-developing world of Social Media and its connection to modern business. Bizcloud Network sees the tremendous value of implementing innovative technologies to enhance business processes and its team of expert writers accordingly creates the content that speaks to its target audience of business and IT professionals and decision makers.
Bizcloud Network has a strong fan base and a growing number of followers on major Social Media Sites, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+. It was founded in 2007 as a Media Branch of BizCloud, a leading cloud computing and SaaS service provider. The company is based in San Francisco, California, and has offices in Europe and Asia. Contact BizCloud at 866-348-2800
Based in San Francisco, California, with offices in Europe and Asia, BizCloud® (http://BizCloud.net) focuses on technology and cloud innovations that assist businesses with Sales, Marketing, Operations and Engineering solutions customized to individual business needs. BizCloud® has mastered the art of integrating cloud-based services to deliver cost effective outcomes for business owners that enhance efficiency, customer satisfaction, and revenue. BizCloud® utilizes the latest breed of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) products to pass on tremendous value to clients. BizCloud is a registered trademark. Contact BizCloud at 866-348-2800