Seymour, WI (Vocus) July 19, 2010
The Home of the Hamburger will be spicing things up with a variety of wild toppings for the all-American favorite, the hamburger at the 22nd Annual Burger Fest, “Burgers Gone Wild” on Saturday, August 7, 2010.
Seymour holds the legacy and the title of having the first ground beef sandwich, known today as the hamburger. Charlie “Hamburger Charlie” Nagreen flattened meatballs between two pieces of bread at the Seymour Fair in 1885 to accommodate fair-goers who wanted to eat while still visiting exhibits.
Burgers and balloons will kick-off Burger Fest on Friday evening, August 6, 2010 at Seymour’s Rockledge Elementary School, 330 West Hickory St, Seymour, with a hot air balloon rally and balloon glow, weather permitting. Hardee’s® kids events will begin at 4 p.m. In the spirit of “Burgers Gone Wild,” a Hardee’s® Build a Burger Contest will take place at 6:30 p.m. Pre-registered local contestants will attempt to build the wildest burger using the Hardee’s® Thickburger® patty. Food and burgers aplenty available throughout the evening.
Events on Saturday, August 7, 2010 will take place on Depot Street in downtown Seymour. Activities include:
- 8 a.m. - Get your “buns” to Lake Park for the Bun Run. Kids race will start at 10:45 a.m. at the entrance to the festival grounds on Main Street.
- 11 a.m. - Line up for the World’s Largest Hamburger Parade. Leading the parade will be a 100-mile motorcycle charity ride.
- For car lovers, there’s an antique car show.
- 1 p.m. - Get your fill at the Hardee’s® ThickBurger® Eating Contest.
- 1:30 p.m. - Watch local contestants go head-to-head in the “Hamburger Meat” weightlifting competition.
- 2:30 p.m. - A giant burger will be grilled and served to Burger Fest guests on a first come, first serve basis. Monetary donations will go to the Seymour Food Pantry.
- 4:30 p.m. - Always a crowd favorite, the Ketchup Slide competition.
- Children’s activities including a big wheel race, a magic show, a baby crawl, free pony rides, face painting and much more will take place throughout the day.
- Starting at 9 a.m., listen and dance to live music by KNX Party Band, Starwood, and Country Rewind.
- 25 hot air balloons will fly the sky Friday and Saturday at 6:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday at 6:00 a.m. Balloon glows will follow the balloon rallies on Friday and Saturday evening.
Applications for the parade, car show, Bun Run, Motorcycle Charity Ride and additional information about Burger Fest can be found at http://www.homeofthehamburger.org.
Seymour is located 15 miles west of Green Bay on Highway 54. All events are located in downtown Seymour with hot air balloon rallies at Rockledge Elementary School. Commemorative admission buttons, available at many Seymour businesses, are $3 in advance and $5 on the day of event. Friday events and children 12 and under are free. To purchase admission buttons, call (920) 833-6688.
Leonard & Finco Public Relations, Inc.