San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 18, 2012
Unwrap a great hotel package with San Francisco’s “49 Hours of SF: Holidays." San Francisco during the holidays is like a 49 square mile array of gift-wrapped delights.
The San Francisco Travel Association puts the bow on top with hotel packages and some extra trimmings.
The “49 Hours of SF: Holidays” packages feature deeply-discounted rates on hotels when booked at http://www.49HoursofSF.com, beginning October 15, 2012. Stay three or more nights at participating hotels and receive 25% off the entire stay. This offer must be booked by December 31, 2012 and is valid on stays through January 31, 2013.
To make the most of this special season, the “49 Hours of SF: Holidays” website includes nine themed itineraries featuring off-the beaten path events and unique San Francisco retailers to make visitors’ holidays in the city extraordinary:
- The Creatively Curious – The guide to San Francisco’s best art museums, including the Walt Disney Family Museum.
- The Theatrical Carouser – All the city’s a stage for comedy, drama, melodies and dance, including “The Lion King” at the Orpheum Theatre.
- The Sugar Plum Fairy - Featuring The Sugar Plum Fairy, star of San Francisco Ballet's “Nutcracker”.
- The Shopping Elf – Special places like PIER 39 to find just the thing for everyone you love.
- The Adventurous Merrymaker.
- The Cheerful Caroler – The music lovers guide to the holidays.
- The Holiday Glutton – A guide to the best events for your taste buds.
- The Lover of Lights – Where to find the bright lights in the big city.
- The Seasonal Sightseer – Your guide to holiday enjoyment within 2-4 hours of SF.
The San Francisco Travel Association knows that 48 hours is just not enough time to experience all there is to see and do in the City by the Bay – especially during the holiday season. They have named their new campaign “49 Hours of SF: Holidays” with the goal of encouraging visitors to plan a 48-hour weekend getaway – plus an extra hour. The program is sponsored by American Express, Amtrak, PIER 39, The Lion King, San Francisco Ballet, and Walt Disney Family Museum.
For additional holiday savings, regional residents who sign up for PIER 39’s “Locals Only” program will receive 50% off at participating PIER 39 merchants during the holiday season. And, Amtrak is offering visitors 50% off weekend travel on Capitol Corridor routes. Tickets can be booked at http://www.amtrak.com/ccjpa50.
Complete details are available now at http://www.49HoursofSF.com or call 415-391-2000.
The San Francisco Travel Association is the official tourism marketing organization for the City and County of San Francisco. For information on reservations, packages, activities and more, visit http://www.sanfrancisco.travel or call 415-391-2000. The Visitor Information Center is located at 900 Market St. in Hallidie Plaza, lower level, near the Powell Street cable car turnaround.
For an insider’s perspective, join more than 480,000 people who follow San Francisco Travel on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/onlyinsf. Follow “OnlyinSF” on Twitter at http://twitter.com/onlyinsf.
American Express® is the official Card partner for the San Francisco Travel Association.
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) offers non-stop flights to more than 31 international points on 28 international carriers. The Bay Area's largest airport connects non-stop with 74 cities in the U.S. on 17 domestic airlines. For more information, visit http://www.flysfo.com.
Director, Media Relations – US & Canada
larmstrong (at) sanfrancisco (dot) travel
Note to editors: Photos and press releases are available at http://www.sanfrancisco.travel/media/.