Jersey City, NJ (PRWEB) February 10, 2010
AvePoint, the leading provider of infrastructure management software solutions for Microsoft SharePoint, today announced that its DocAve Migrator will support the fully mapped transfer of application content from SharePoint 2003 and 2007 to SharePoint 2010. AvePoint's DocAve Migrator for SharePoint 2010 will be available for trial and purchase the same day of the GA release of SharePoint 2010, expected in the first half of 2010.
"As part of the Microsoft Office TAP [Technology Adoption Program], AvePoint has worked closely with Microsoft to ensure that our solutions will fully support SharePoint Server 2010 immediately upon release," said Dr. Tianyi (TJ) Jiang, AvePoint's chief operating officer. "As more organizations turn to SharePoint 2010 for enterprise content management and other vital business initiatives, it is critical they have a comprehensive migration tool to seamlessly transition to the new platform, as well as the protection, management, and optimization tools needed to fully leverage the platform for success. DocAve is the only software solution out there that delivers on all fronts."
DocAve for a Seamless Transition to SharePoint 2010
With DocAve Migrator, companies using prior versions of SharePoint (including Windows SharePoint Services v2 and v3, SharePoint Portal Server 2003, and MOSS 2007), or even companies using various legacy data platforms, will have the ability to perform a secure and lossless migration to SharePoint 2010. While Microsoft allows a bulk upgrade of SharePoint 2007 to 2010 at the farm or database level, DocAve Migrator provides numerous additional options:
- Swiftly migrate and map all of your content, metadata, customizations, and configurations created in your SharePoint 2007 environment to SharePoint 2010
- Reorganize, remap, and create new folders upon migration to clean up existing clutter
- Migrate an entire instance or just an individual content item. Granular or bulk content migration and flexible job scheduling limits the negative impact on production environments
- DocAve's Pre-Migration Scanner will detect and notify you of any elements that must be mapped in order to ensure a successful migration
In addition to providing administrators a more robust and flexible upgrade option from SharePoint 2007 to 2010, DocAve Migrator will also support direct migration from SharePoint 2003 to SharePoint 2010. Under the currently available methods from Microsoft, without a tool like DocAve, SharePoint 2003 users would have to first migrate to SharePoint 2007, then to SharePoint 2010. DocAve Migrator allows administrators to "cut out the middle man", by providing full support for a direct migration from 2003 environments to SharePoint 2010.
DocAve Migrator will also support comprehensive migrations to SharePoint 2010 from a variety of other legacy systems, including: Oracle/Stellent, Lotus Notes, Documentum eRoom, File Systems, Exchange Public Folders, Open Text LiveLink, and Vignette. This allows organizations to efficiently and securely move off legacy platforms, while maintaining all of their legacy content.
Protecting, Managing, Optimizing, and Integrating SharePoint 2010
All 25 independently deployable modules within the DocAve Software Platform will fully support SharePoint 2010 upon its GA release. With a unified, browser-based interface, and a fully distributed architecture, DocAve provides the tools administrators need to efficiently deploy, manage, protect, and optimize SharePoint 2010.
- Data Protection - DocAve will deliver comprehensive SharePoint data protection, with support for granular, item-through-platform level backup, and swift, full-fidelity recovery of SharePoint 2010 content and architecture following accidental deletions or platform failure.
- Storage Optimization - DocAve provides everything necessary to keep your SQL Server resources optimized with intelligent archiving, real-time binary large object (BLOB) offloading, and migration-free SharePoint connectivity to file share content.
- Administration - DocAve will give organizations the agility and control necessary to fully leverage SharePoint 2010 for success, enabling unified management of all SharePoint permissions, users, objects, and content from a single interface.
- Compliance - DocAve will provide the auditing, reporting, and life-cycle management tools organizations require to meet all regulatory obligations and best practice protocols, in addition to instilling a culture of proactive compliance for SharePoint 2010 deployments.
- Reporting - DocAve will also arm administrators with a fully customizable dashboard to access all mission-critical analytics regarding SharePoint 2010 infrastructure, health, and activity.
The DocAve Software Platform will fully support SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010 deployments upon RTM and GA release of SharePoint 2010. To request a free, fully enabled 30-day trial of the DocAve Software Platform, please visit http://www.avepoint.com/resources/free-trial-downloads/
AvePoint is proud to be a U.S. based technology company and software innovator. Since 2001, AvePoint has been a global leader in enterprise-strength infrastructure management solutions for all Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies. AvePoint's award-winning DocAve Software Platform delivers comprehensive and flexible infrastructure support for backup and recovery, replication, migration, administration, archiving, deployment management, and compliance, while piloting the products of OEM partners such as NetApp and IBM. With headquarters in Jersey City, NJ, and wholly owned engineering centers and sales offices worldwide, AvePoint serves more than 5,000 enterprise customers. AvePoint is a Managed Gold Certified Microsoft Partner and GSA Certified Provider.
AvePoint Media Contact:
Tucker Hall - Director of Marketing
Tel: (201) 793-1111
# # #