This marks the continued evolution of AvePoint providing a truly integrated end-to-end business solution, with compliance and governance management functionality, to stitch together a better enterprise solution story to meet organizations’ needs.
Jersey City, New Jersey (PRWEB) November 06, 2012
AvePoint, leader in governance and management solutions for social enterprise collaboration platforms, today announced the latest version of its flagship product for automated service and information management, DocAve Governance Automation Service Pack (SP) 1. DocAve Governance Automation SP1 encourages users to readily adopt SharePoint by easily requesting resources and enables organizations to provide SharePoint as a service to their enterprise by offering a fully auditable, business approval process and automating the provisioning of common service requests.
“DocAve Governance Automation SP1 shatters the silo between business and IT by ensuring self-service, measuring service levels down to the individual user, and most importantly, gives organizations the ability to monitor and track SharePoint and other line-of-business applications as a service,” said Dr. Tianyi (TJ) Jiang, AvePoint Co-Founder and Co-CEO. “This marks the continued evolution of AvePoint providing a truly integrated end-to-end business solution, with compliance and governance management functionality, to stitch together a better enterprise solution story to meet organizations’ needs now and in the future.”
DocAve Governance Automation SP1 transcends the capabilities of niche security management solutions and enables organizations to close the custom code gap created by home-grown governance solutions and by automating the provisioning of Service Catalog Offerings such as site collection provisioning, site provisioning, site collection lifecycle management, and permissions management. Business advantages include:
- Provide SharePoint as a Service: Encourage end users to adopt SharePoint and enable them to request resources, such as a SharePoint site or site collection, by exposing all available options through an intuitive service catalog.
- Increase Transparency Between Business Users and IT Administrators: Resolve ambiguity around provisioning, managing, and archiving sites and site collections and simplifies the way business users interact with IT. All service catalog requests can be subject to fully auditable approval processes to verify any requests are in full compliance with governance policies.
- Increase IT Productivity through Business Process Automation: Allow skilled IT administrators to focus on more strategic, higher-value operations by automating the repetitive and time-consuming processes involved in configuring, managing, and enforcing SharePoint governance policies for access controls, storage optimization rules and configurations, backup policies and SLA management, auditing, branding, and information management.
- Enhance Internal Audit Functions and Enable Chargeback: Improve ongoing realignment of cost allocation and enable chargeback to business units by utilizing holistic auditing to analyze business usage of SharePoint assets.
- Powered by DocAve 6: By leveraging the entire DocAve 6 platform – including modules for data protection, administration, storage optimization, compliance, reporting, and migration – DocAve Governance Automation SP1 transcends the capabilities of niche SharePoint security management and site provisioning tools.
DocAve Governance Automation SP1 is generally available today. For more information on DocAve Governance Automation SP1, please visit AvePoint’s website.
AvePoint is a global technology company and proven software leader. Since its founding in 2001, AvePoint has become the world's largest provider of enterprise-class governance and infrastructure management solutions for enterprise social collaboration platforms. AvePoint helps more than 10,000 customers – including many Fortune 500 companies and government agencies – meet their specific business objectives utilizing the SharePoint platform. AvePoint, Inc. is headquartered and maintains its principal operational center in Jersey City, NJ, with wholly owned operational centers in the USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Japan, Singapore, and China. AvePoint is a Depth Managed Microsoft Gold Certified Portals and Collaboration Partner and Gold Certified ISV Partner as well as a US Government GSA provider via strategic partnerships.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.