The QuickStart SharePoint Business Suites are truly a unique service offering
(PRWEB) January 21, 2010
Reston, VA CorasWorks Corporation, a global leader in applications and application development tools for Microsoft SharePoint, today announced the availability of its joint cloud offering with Fpweb.net. The two companies, which initially announced their partnership at the October 2009 SharePoint Conference in Las Vegas, NV, have joined forces to offer business applications and a powerful application environment in the Cloud on SharePoint.
The service offerings - QuickStart SharePoint Business Suites – combine Fpweb.net’s market-leading SharePoint hosting service with CorasWorks’ award-winning application environment to deliver a complete integrated environment for business applications on SharePoint. Users can either download and use applications provided by CorasWorks and third-party application publishers or build their own apps leveraging CorasWorks point-and-click, wizard-driven application platform.
Key features of the QuickStart SharePoint Business Suites include:
- Dedicated virtual SharePoint environment running on either Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS)
- Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) access to your server environment and the ability to install custom code or apps
- Turn-key department intranet or project management app to get started quickly and easily
- Additional free or for-fee apps from the CorasWorks App Store for SharePoint that can be downloaded, installed, and used within your environment
- Point-and-click, wizard-driven tools to customize the apps to meet your specific needs
- Complete CorasWorks application development system to build apps from scratch.
“The QuickStart SharePoint Business Suites are truly a unique service offering,” said Gary Voight, President and CEO of CorasWorks. “You have multiple vendors offering hosted SharePoint and others offering hosted SharePoint solutions. But none of these have the same breadth and depth as our service offering with Fpweb.net. With our service offerings, you get hosted SharePoint, access to a wide variety of plug-and-play SharePoint applications through our CorasWorks App Store, plus our award-winning application development platform so you can build your own applications.”
QuickStart SharePoint Business Suites provides two levels of service:
1. AppFoundation for WSS is an online collaborative work environment on SharePoint. It is based on the CorasWorks Workplace Suite and allows users to download, run, customize or build a variety of applications. When users log in to AppFoundation, they have access to a turn-key department intranet that has built-in lists, views, reports and hooks to other applications that can be purchased or built.
2. AppServer for MOSS starts with the full benefits of the AppFoundation and expands upon them. Powered by the full feature set of MOSS, along with the CorasWorks Workplace Suite and Toolset, AppServer allows you to enhance, extend, and integrate your environment This offering allows organizations to add modules that are deeper and that extend beyond SharePoint to integrate with enterprise systems and the public cloud. They also have the ability to create their own solutions that integrate enterprise data and cloud services in read-write scenarios.
Both offerings and all applications are provided on an unlimited user basis, meaning there is no per user cost. This allows organizations to add users, integrate applications, distribute functionality, reuse functionality and expand usage without additional costs. Leveraging the virtual cloud environment of Fpweb.net, customers can then “dial up” the level of service to meet their increased usage.
“These offerings are all about immediate business value on SharePoint,” said Rob LaMear IV, Founder and CEO of Fpweb.net. “By partnering with CorasWorks and its ecosystem of partners, we are now able to provide a comprehensive offering and really unleash the potential of SharePoint to add immediate business value in the cloud.”
For more information and to get up and running with applications on SharePoint in the cloud, visit http://www.corasworks.net/applicationsforsharepoint/corasworksinthecloud.html.
CorasWorks is a global leader in applications and application development tools that drive immediate business value on Microsoft SharePoint. More than 1,000 organizations and 1 million users worldwide download and use plug-and-play apps from CorasWorks and our partners, and build their own applications without the cost and complexity of custom code using our comprehensive application development system. CorasWorks is a Microsoft Gold-certified Managed Partner headquartered in Reston, VA. For more information on our plug-and-play apps or our application development system, visit http://www.corasworks.net.