We are committed to a combination of continuous innovation and incremental improvements that help our customers get the most value from their SharePoint investments.
Reston, VA (Vocus) February 5, 2010
CorasWorks Corporation, a global leader in applications and application development software for Microsoft SharePoint, today announced it has released new versions of its award-winning Workplace Suite, Toolset, and AppEngine for SharePoint.
The Workplace Suite v10.3, Toolset v1.6 and AppEngine for SharePoint v10.3 provide a bridge to SharePoint 2010 for those organizations currently running CorasWorks plug-and-play applications or building their own applications on SharePoint 2007. CorasWorks customers are now assured that their current and future SharePoint applications will continue to run seamlessly on both SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010 without having to rebuild any of them. The benefit is that this supports aggressive adoption of SharePoint 2010, and provides relief to customers who are not ready to migrate, but still want to create additional solutions.
In addition to helping ensure the seamless transition of applications across platforms, CorasWorks has significantly improved its “application foundation” by providing several highly desired features and capabilities that improve the stability, performance, and management of applications. Some examples include:
- Application Governance – SharePoint administrators have expressed concerns about how applications adversely impact a SharePoint environment. With new throttling capabilities, IT now has more control over the system and applications. The throttling extends the CorasWorks One-touch Management System by allowing administrators to limit the maximum number of lists, sites, and/or items that can be returned. Combined with the application “lock down” capabilities and the ability to manage views centrally, IT now has the tools—not just plans—to govern applications.
- Localization – Many organizations are challenged with providing their applications in a language other than English, or with customizing the application interface to use their specific terminology. With this new localization feature, organizations can make system-wide modifications to the application interface and all list and library views. Modifications include changing the language used or any of the terminology in the interface.
- Intranet/Extranet Integration – Many firms increasingly desire external access to their SharePoint environments. This new release enables full integration between an organization’s intranet and extranet(s). Organizations can easily work with their partners, suppliers, or other third-party groups by sharing applications across the firewall.
- Full Browser Compatibility – The new version is fully compatible with Firefox 2007 and 2010, and Internet Explorer 7 and 8, ensuring that most users are now able to see and access the full functionality of their applications.
- Multi-platform Applications – With this release, all plug-and-play apps in the CorasWorks App Store run on both the SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010 platforms. In the coming weeks, CorasWorks will be introducing apps specifically built to leverage the full power and feature set of SharePoint 2010.
”Our customers continue to request support for Microsoft’s new platforms, and demand features that improve the ability to rollout and support new SharePoint applications”, said Gary Voight, President and CEO at CorasWorks. “We are committed to a combination of continuous innovation and incremental improvements that help our customers get the most value from their SharePoint investments.”
Visit http://www.corasworks.net/applicationsforsharepoint/index.html to find out more about the new release. For more information on the multi-platform apps, please visit the App Store at http://www.cwappstore.com.
CorasWorks is a global leader in applications and application development tools that drive immediate business value on Microsoft SharePoint. More than 1,000 organizations and 1 million users worldwide download and use plug-and-play apps from CorasWorks and our partners, and build their own applications without the cost and complexity of custom code using our comprehensive application development system. CorasWorks is a Microsoft Gold-certified Managed Partner headquartered in Reston, VA. For more information on our plug-and-play apps or our application development system, visit http://www.corasworks.net.