CorasWorks Cim 2.1 is social ‘business’ software, meaning it allows users to create robust collaborative applications and business processes that leverage social capabilities.
Reston, VA and Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) July 12, 2011
While at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference today, CorasWorks Corporation, a global leader in business solutions and applications on the Microsoft SharePoint collaboration and social platform, announced the release of CorasWorks Cim 2.1 for SharePoint. Cim 2.1 is a flexible, powerful social business software product that leverages the ease and convenience of social capabilities to drive a new generation of social business applications on the SharePoint platform.
“Businesses are discovering the power of social collaboration,” said William Rogers, Founder and Chief Architect at CorasWorks. “CorasWorks Cim 2.1 is social ‘business’ software, meaning it allows users to create robust collaborative applications and business processes that leverage social capabilities. By integrating social collaboration with business process on SharePoint, we are enabling businesses to more easily tap the potential of their workforce to drive business value.”
The key differentiator for CorasWorks Cim 2.1 from pure-play social vendors is the deep and robust capability to create business processes that incorporate social capabilities. These business processes are “front-ended,” enhanced and extended by the social capabilities offered through Cim, allowing organizations to leverage the ease and convenience of social collaboration, but in a business context and in a way that extends and improves business processes.
Examples of the types of business processes that can be created with Cim 2.1 can be seen in the CorasWorks App Showcase. Examples include Change Request Management, New Project Initiation, New Product Idea Management and Knowledge Pipeline.
“While Cim can be used for many flavors of collaborative communities and resources, collaborative apps and processes, the key is that they are all part of a single, collaborative experience for the user,” said Rogers. “The new Cim Activity Stream is the glue that brings all of the activity together and puts it at the fingertips of users. They have one place to go to see and work with what matters to them across their SharePoint work environment.”
CorasWorks Cim 2.1 builds on the strength and power of previous versions by enhancing and extending an already-robust feature set and adding a long list of new features. Some of the key new features include:
- Cim Collaboration Core Solution — Previous versions of Cim provided out-of-the-box support for two core solution scenarios: Cim Innovation for Idea and Innovation Management and Cim Process for Social Business Processes. With Cim 2.1, CorasWorks added a third core solution scenario. This scenario—Cim Collaboration—addresses the broad social business collaboration needs of users through flexible communities that can be extensively tailored to fit the business purpose.
- Activity Stream—The new activity stream sub-system introduced in Cim 2.1 combines the relevant activity from all Cim communities, resources, processes and applications from across the environment into a single user experience. It is designed to reduce navigation, lower the “social noise” and “email noise” and allow people to easily and conveniently collaborate with others on work that matters to them.
- Customizable Stage-Gate Processes—CorasWorks’ stage-gate process has been enhanced to make it easier to customize and support broader and deeper custom requirements, such as stage base collaborative management reviews. Cim 2.1 also includes configurable Task Management that drives notifications via email and the new Activity Stream.
- Native Integration with SharePoint 2010 Social Features—Cim 2.1 features deeper, tighter integration with SharePoint 2010 social features. This includes integration with user profiles, drill down into My Sites and social tagging (likes and notes) to push individual items into the SharePoint social network.
- Micro-Communities and Integration with SharePoint 2010 Sites—The micro-community and “Snaplet” architecture of Cim 2.1 allows organizations to snap communities and collaborative functionality directly into existing SharePoint sites. This increases collaboration without creating more “places to go.”
For more information on Cim 2.1, join a webcast on Wed., Aug. 3, at 1pm EDT. Register for the webcast at http://www.corasworks.net/SharePoint/8-3-cim-webcast_hp.html.
You can also learn more about the capabilities of Cim 2.1 by visiting http://www.corasworks.net/software/idea-innovation-management.html.
CorasWorks is a global leader in business solutions and applications on the Microsoft SharePoint collaboration and social platform. Our solutions include project portfolio management, idea and innovation management, and social business collaboration. More than 1,000 organizations and 1 million users worldwide use solutions and applications from CorasWorks and our partners. With CorasWorks, organizations can accomplish their business objectives while dramatically reducing the risk, cost and complexity associated with traditional point solutions. CorasWorks is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner headquartered in Reston, VA. For more information, visit http://www.corasworks.net.