As SharePoint adoption accelerates, organizations are increasingly looking to consolidate their web-based assets into SharePoint
Jersey City, NJ (PRWEB) April 6, 2009
AvePoint, the leading provider of infrastructure management software solutions for Microsoft® SharePoint, today announced the release of Website Migrator, a tool that lets organizations easily and swiftly migrate any HTTP/HTTPS accessible sites, portals, and content into Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. Developed in response to the growing demand for a powerful, automated solution to map and transfer legacy web content into SharePoint, AvePoint's Website Migrator allows organizations to efficiently centralize their web-based properties, and transform static web resources into collaboration-enabled portal assets.
"As SharePoint adoption accelerates, organizations are increasingly looking to consolidate their web-based assets into SharePoint," said Dr. Tianyi Jiang, AvePoint's Chief Operating Officer. "Until now this was quite a tedious and error-prone process. Website Migrator provides the tools administrators need to streamline migration and reduce its costs, with comprehensive mapping utilities, automated link management, and powerful content search and filtering functionality. Our goal is to provide SharePoint users what they need to fully leverage the platform for success, and our Website Migrator is another testament to this ongoing commitment."
One Solution, A Full Suite of Features
AvePoint Website Migrator is piloted via a single, easy-to-use interface, and empowers administrators with the following migration capabilities:
- Migrate any HTTP/HTTPS accessible web content into SharePoint 2007, including all code, HTML regions, embedded tables, related documents and associated images, granularly or in bulk
- Preview all migration content, documents, and images prior to migration execution
- Discover, sort, filter, search, and analyze all source content types, page templates, and site hierarchies via a single interface
- Fully map all source elements to existing SharePoint framework using default site hierarchy maps or customizable mapping interface to leverage SharePoint's Top Link Bars, Quick Launch Bar, Lists, Libraries, and Calendars
- Automated updates of all page links streamlines management and eliminates risk of error associated with manual link cleanup
- Create customized, reusable Source-to-SharePoint mapping schemas to streamline migration of multiple pages and sites
- Migrate source web content to local offline environment for full testing prior to migration to production environment, then upload migration data to production with a single click
- Leverage Website Migrator via web services to migrate to SharePoint Online and other hosted SharePoint environments, with no need to install software on the SharePoint server
A Powerful Tool to Help Organizations Meet Their Business Objectives
AvePoint developed Website Migrator to help organizations meet a number of vitally important productivity and business objectives. First and foremost, with Website Migrator organizations can finally unify all their legacy web and portal elements into SharePoint, thereby reducing management and licensing costs, optimizing system resources, and accelerating end-user adoption. Additionally, companies can now efficiently transform their static web resources into collaboration-driven assets, unleashing the Web 2.0 capabilities of valuable legacy content. And finally, Website Migrator lets organizations using hosted SharePoint and SharePoint Online migrate their legacy web assets directly to their hosted environments without any agent installation on the SharePoint environment.
To learn more about AvePoint's new Website Migrator and other solutions for SharePoint migration, and to download a fully-enabled 7-day trial of the solution, please visit AvePoint at http://www.avepoint.com.
AvePoint is proud to be a U.S. based technology company and software innovator. Since 2001, AvePoint has been a global leader in enterprise-strength infrastructure management solutions for all Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies. Propelled by one of the world's largest SharePoint-exclusive development teams outside of Microsoft, AvePoint's award-winning DocAve Software Platform delivers comprehensive and flexible infrastructure support for backup and recovery, replication, migration, administration, archiving, deployment management, and compliance.
AvePoint's pioneering technology pilots the products of OEM partners such as NetApp and IBM. With headquarters, research facilities, and engineering centers in Jersey City, NJ, and wholly owned engineering centers and sales offices in San Jose, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington D.C., and Houston, USA; London, UK; Melbourne, Australia; Tokyo, Japan; Singapore; and Changchun, Dalian, China, AvePoint serves over 3000 enterprise customers, including many Fortune-500 companies. Winner of the Best of Tech Ed award for "Best SharePoint Product" in 2008, AvePoint is a Managed Gold Certified Microsoft Partner and GSA Certified Provider.
AvePoint Media Contact:
Tucker Hall - Marketing Manager
Tel: (201) 793-1111
All product and company names herein are trademarks of their respective owners.