On your mark, get set, go!
Monterey, CA (PRWEB) March 12, 2007
To help mothers open up about their true feelings for their special day, SHOP•COM, the site where women can shop thousands of brands using OneCart™ and one account, today launched its national "What Do Mothers Really Want for Mother's Day?" Quiz asking mothers who shop online what would make them most happy this year.
Located at www,shop.com/momquiz, the quick and easy multiple choice answer quiz asks women a range of questions -- from whether they would spend their "ideal" day lying on the beach with an iPod and having their feet massaged by a handsome silent manservant to what guilty pleasures (i.e., junk food) they blame on their children and what they would most like to see when they open their eyes on Mother's day morning.
"Mother's Day is a bit of a mixed blessing for many women -- while it's a day to celebrate their role as a mother, it often turns out to be a day that others decide what's best for them," said Mondy Beller, senior vice president of marketing for SHOP.COM. "We wanted to give mothers a chance to tell their friends and family how they really feel about their day and do it in a fun way. With our quiz, women can get some ideas on how to spend the day as well as gift suggestions that they can easily share with their friends and family. This year we wanted mothers to have a Mother's day their way."
The quiz which can be completed by children as well as friends and husbands provides a Personality Profile and accompanying gift ideas that can be conveniently shared. There are seven Mom personality profiles generated from SHOP•COM's Mother's Day Quiz, including:
- Green Thumb who thinks dirt is divine and an afternoon alone in the garden sounds like a little slice of heaven.
- Fashionista who knows when brown is the new black and wouldn't be caught dead in last year's Blahniks.
- Fitness Fanatic who has an elliptical at the gym and has always loved the words, "On your mark, get set, go!"
- Gadget Queen who preorders the latest technology gadget and uses her GPS to get to the grocery store just because she can.
- Gourmet Goddess who knows the difference between braising and broiling and actually owns a set of ramekins and a blow torch.
- Spa Lover who dreams of plush, white terrycloth robes and uses cucumber slices from her salads to place on her eyelids
- JetSetter who has the phone numbers of the major hotel chains committed to memory and receives a personalized welcome from ticketing agents at the airport.
Results from SHOP•COM's national consumer "What Do Mothers Really Want for Mother's Day?" Quiz will be released in late April -- just in time for friends and family to make this Mother's Day a celebration that the mother really wants.
To get started, go to http://www.shop.com/momquiz and celebrate Mother's Day the way it was supposed to be celebrated -- Mom's way.
SHOP.COM is the shopping site designed to help consumers more conveniently and efficiently shop on the web. SHOP.COM organizes millions of products from more than a thousand merchants in a single location, allowing consumers to shop across them all -- start to finish -- with OneCart™ and one personal password-protected account. OneCart ™ is SHOP.COM's unique, proprietary, patent-pending solution that fully integrates data feeds from all SHOP.COM merchant partners to allow a single check-out experience. SHOP.COM is a privately-held company headquartered in Monterey, Calif. For more information, visit the company's website at http://www.SHOP.COM.
# # #