Also, as KALYX grows, we are glad to know that Volusion has the infrastructure and expertise necessary to meet the demands of a larger company.
Simi Valley, CA (PRWEB) September 26, 2009
- Volusion, a leading provider of shopping cart software and services for online merchants, today announced its award-winning software platform is powering the e-commerce website for KALYX Technologies, Inc., the women's athletic apparel start-up recently featured on ABC's "Shark Tank."
- Kimberly Cayce, founder and CEO of KALYX, competed for venture capital on Shark Tank episode six, causing thousands of first time viewers to flood the new KALYX website.
- The Volusion-powered gokalyx.com website easily handled more than 6,000 visitors and $4,000+ in orders on the day after its debut.
New Website for the Next Business Phase
- Having the opportunity to expose her brand and website to millions of Shark Tank viewers meant the KALYX website must be brought up to speed.
- The previous KALYX website had been built as a placeholder using template designs from GoDaddy.com. The site appeared too basic and wouldn't allow a fledgling company to be seen as a real player in the competitive athletic apparel market. Additionally, it was critical the design look professional enough to compete with sites like Nike and Under Armour.
- Being a start-up, the company wasn't able to afford expensive web designers or hire an in-house site technician. KALYX needed a simple, turnkey solution with design expertise, shopping cart and backend infrastructure so that the site could be easily managed in-house by non-technical employees.
- It was also imperative the site have enough server capacity to withstand the flood of first-time visitors. Because of the exposure from the show, traffic spikes could have shut down the site, which would have been disastrous.
Successful Online Store Launch
- Cayce determined that Volusion's ecommerce software was the "one-stop-shop" solution she needed. She tested Volusion's product through a free 14-day trial and found it to be extremely easy to use.
- KALYX saved thousands of dollars in site design costs and worked hand-in-hand with the Volusion design team to create a custom web design that helps promote the company's brand.
- Volusion's built-in search engine optimization capabilities have helped the KALYX website move to the first page on many Google searches.
- Gokalyx.com handled more than 6,000 visitors in one day and processed more than $4,000 in orders without any site downtime or technical difficulties.
- "Using the knowledge base and consulting services from Volusion, we were able to load all of our own content. It was easy to understand for our small company and it really empowered us. Additionally, pricing was transparent with no hidden fees as with other designers," said Cayce. "The site looks like a million dollars on a shoestring budget."
- "I feel secure with the Volusion team because I know they take care of our company. While we didn't get funding from Shark Tank, we received hope and encouragement from thousands of viewers to keep moving forward," said Cayce. "Also, as KALYX grows, we are glad to know that Volusion has the infrastructure and expertise necessary to meet the demands of a larger company."
About KALYX Technologies, Inc.
KALYX has one mission: to protect the precious assets of female athletes. Founded by former NCAA All-American and former professional golfer Kimberly Cayce, KALYX Sports Bras are engineered to work with a woman's body depending on what type of activity she enjoys. Created with K-FORCE technology, KALYX Sports Bras offer revolutionary design, cutting-edge construction, and top-notch composition, creating an overall superior sports bra.
Volusion is a leader in e-commerce solutions for online businesses. Over the last 10 years, thousands of companies have used Volusion to sell online, including market leaders such as Disney, PEZ, Chicago Tribune, Michigan State University and Crutchfield. For more information about Volusion, please visit http://www.volusion.com.
# # #