Why choose between plastic and metal when you can have the best of both worlds?
Naperville, IL (PRWEB) May 31, 2013
In the late 90’s, automakers launched a product that vowed to offer customers the best of both worlds in the automobile industry. Gas and electric motors were paired to create the first hybrid vehicles. The dual-motored automobiles thrived as they offered customers exceptional gas mileage while retaining the reliability of a gas motor. The hybrid revolution in the auto industry was such a success that it drove other companies to mimic a similar strategy, even in the industry of shopping carts. Shopping cart manufacturers and distributors are now offering their own take on a best-of-both-worlds product: the hybrid plastic and metal shopping cart.
Like full-electric cars, the main problem with an all-plastic shopping carts is reliability. Plastic carts are light weight. They roll around parking lots during a light breeze and give shoppers a cheaper feel than their metal counterpart. A break at the base of a full-plastic cart is also costly for store owners as it means that the whole cart needs to be replaced. Hybrid plastic carts with a metal base were introduced to relieve the concerns of all-plastic carts while providing the following benefits that metal carts simply cannot offer:
- Customizable: The plastic top-basket of a hybrid cart gives retailers the opportunity to apply custom images on the front of their cart.
- Shopper Friendly: The plastic top-basket is less likely to cause damage in and out of the store than its metal counterpart.
- Interchangable Basket: The plastic basket is interchangeable so that a break in the plastic does not result in a full cart replacement.
- Colors: Plastic shopping carts are offered in vibrant colors to make carts more visually appealing. Colors can also be matched with store images for branding purposes.
- Fun Features: Plastic carts are innovative and offer features that aren’t available in traditional wire carts, such as bread baskets and cup holders.
By choosing a cart with a steel base, a hybrid model offers the features of a plastic cart while keeping the base sturdy and strong. Over time, baskets don’t rust.
Popularity of these carts is rising, and for good reason. Store owners are recognizing the benefits to a more versatile cart and see the hybrid models as a good way to keep shoppers happy while reducing future cart costs. Hybrid carts retail for a smidgen above traditional carts and can be found for a reasonable price at ShoppingCartMart.com.
Retailers were once faced with the tough decision of buying metal or plastic shopping carts. The heightened popularity of hybrid carts now has store owners asking themselves the following question: Why choose between plastic and metal when you can have the best of both worlds?
ShoppingCartMart is a leading provider in grocery store shopping carts, equipment and accessories. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, ShoppingCartMart provides American-made shopping carts and equipment to states within the continental United States.