Effective rehabilitation programs can be developed by the clinician through a greater understanding of the testing sequence and the anatomical implications of the shoulder tests.
Franklin, TN (PRWEB) October 30, 2011
North American Seminars, a national provider of continuing education courses for physical therapists and occupational therapists, announces version 3.0 of the Interactive Shoulder Algorithm.
This online continuing education course for physical therapists and occupational therapists is not designed to replace live medical education courses but to enhance their knowledge through home study. Version 3.0 was designed for Windows 7 and MAC OSX. This e-learning software is delivered on a CD-ROM with an online testing component. The online portion also includes all special tests for the shoulder.
The Interactive Shoulder Algorithm is an exciting learning tool for individual therapists or teams of therapists seeking to effectively evaluate the shoulder complex for orthopedic dysfunction. It provides therapists with a step by step process to effectively evaluate the shoulder complex for orthopedic dysfunction. Therapists will significantly increase the efficiency of their examinations by mastering the information in this teaching tool. Effective rehabilitation programs can be developed by the clinician through a greater understanding of the testing sequence and the anatomical implications of the tests. Experienced clinicians can utilize this software to obtain a master level understanding of the shoulder testing procedures. Each test segment detailed in the software covers critical pathways, position of the patient, position of the clinician, position of the clinician’s hand, direction of movement, tissues implicated, indications of a positive test, and amount of force to be applied.
Key features of this continuing education course:
- A complete representation of the shoulder testing algorithm utilizing 3D computer models and digital video presentations.
- Mathematical recreation of the biomechanical relationships of the arthrokinematics and osteokinematics of the shoulder joint.
- Complete documentation of the specific tests of the algorithm.
- Each test of the algorithm contains detailed information about patient and clinician positioning, key hand placements, sequence of testing procedures, force of motion applied, tissues implicated, and interpretations of testing results.
- Zoomable digital models displaying hand positions for the start of each test.
- Extended length digital movie of George Davies performing the twenty nine tests of the algorithm.
- Digital video of each test with step by step commentary.
For clinical teams, rehab clinics and hospitals, this is a great collaborative learning tool. Teams of therapists can purchase one CD and multiple tests in order to meet state continuing education requirements. This course is pre-approved for physical therapy continuing education and occupational therapy continuing education in many states. This online portion of the product is delivered via the healthclick learning management system. This learning system delivers certificates of completion for CE credit immediately upon obtaining a passing test score. Learn more about online physical therapy continuing education at http://www.healthclick.com.
Continuing education pre-approvals.
West Virginia Physical Therapy Board Approval # NAS-F12-05.
Maryland Board of Physical Therapy 10,5 hrs.
Pennsylvania Board of Physical therapy PTCE001458 (5 hrs General, 10 hrs Direct Access).
Illinois Board of Physical Therapy 10.5 hrs.
California Board of Physical Therapy 10.5 hrs.
AOTA Provider P2047.
Washington State Physical Therapists 10.5 hrs.
Oregon Physical Therapists 10.5 hrs.
New York physical therapists approved providers 10.5 hrs.
New Jersey physical therapist 10.5 hrs.
Check http://www.healthclick.com for additional approvals.
# # #