PerformanceSuite 8.0 will help companies to engineer performance into their applications early in the development lifecycle, reducing the business risks associated with poor performance like lost revenue, decreased productivity, and brand damage.
Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) March 22, 2012
Shunra Software, the industry-recognized authority in network virtualization and application performance engineering, today announced the availability of PerformanceSuite 8.0, featuring improved analytics and performance test management for mobile applications.
“Over 90% of organizations worldwide are developing and deploying mobile applications, and they are faced with the daunting challenge of meeting end user expectations for connection times and data access that equal or surpass traditional terrestrial web connections,” said Gary Jackson, Shunra CEO. “Failure to act now to ensure acceptable end user performance puts revenue, productivity, and corporate brand at risk. PerformanceSuite 8.0 minimizes this risk by creating a test environment that precisely reflects the real world, making test results more reliable and indicative of how an application will actually perform for end users.”
PerformanceSuite 8.0 is an integrated testing solution that virtualizes real-world network conditions such as bandwidth, latency, jitter, and packet loss in order to make test environments accurately representative of production networks. In addition, PerformanceSuite 8.0 provides performance test management, analysis and automated performance optimization recommendations that reduce the performance risk associated with mobile applications from both the end user and back-end infrastructure perspective.
New features of PerformanceSuite 8.0 include:
- A Transaction Management Dashboard that provides run-time statistics and test metrics. In case of a test anomaly, packet capture can easily be stopped and data immediately analyzed by QA personnel to identify the root cause of the problem. In addition, the ability to control packet capture streamlines tests that have large amounts of throughput since test managers can isolate just the packets required for testing.
- The ability to simultaneously utilize emulators, live devices, and simulated loads for performance testing, minimizes the effort required to setup and maintain a scalable mobile performance testing lab.
- Testing teams no longer require specific knowledge of the mobile networks in use due to the ability to easily establish different IP ranges for various mobile networks (3G, 4G, etc.) and then simply select the appropriate endpoint for testing against a particular network.
- An enhanced performance summary report breaks down performance metrics by protocol and highlights application turns, throughput, number of packets, and errors.
- Advanced analytics that include expanded optimization recommendations featuring four additional best practices. These provide guidance on content that is downloaded more than once, content that can be split into chunks and downloaded in parallel, image encoding, and resources that are creating performance obstructions.
“PerformanceSuite 8.0 represents another step towards achieving Shunra’s vision of delivering an end-to-end mobile performance platform,” said Jackson. “Our new mobile capabilities will help companies to engineer performance into their applications early in the development lifecycle, reducing the business risks associated with poor performance like lost revenue, decreased productivity, and brand damage. Coupled with our recently announced partnerships and integration points with other vendors and global services companies, Shunra continues to be the first source to consider when performance engineering mobile applications.”
Other highlights of PerformanceSuite 8.0 include:
- Secure HTTPS communication – To enable analysis of secure communications, SSL encryption keys can be specified
- Support for standard packet capture files – PerformanceSuite 8.0 can analyze and recommend optimizations for business processes imported as PCAP files
Shunra PerformanceSuite 8.0 is available now. For more information, visit http://www.shunra.com.
Shunra is the industry-recognized authority in network virtualization and application performance engineering (APE), and a pioneer in WAN emulation technology. Shunra's 2500 customers include 75 of the Fortune 100 with some of the most complex and sophisticated networks in the world. Shunra's APE solutions discover, predict, emulate and analyze the performance of applications over WAN, Web, Mobile and Cloud networks. Shunra delivers dramatic cost savings through customized performance insight, enabling pre-deployment and post-production remediation and optimization. Customers include Apple, AT&T, Bank of America, Best Buy, Boeing, Cisco Systems, Citibank, eBay, FedEx, GE, IBM, ING Direct, Intel, Marriott, MasterCard, McDonalds, Merrill Lynch, Motorola, Oracle, Pepsi, Pfizer, Siemens, Target, Thomson Reuters, Verizon, Walt Disney and the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank. Shunra is headquartered in Philadelphia and privately held.