Alexandria, Va. (Vocus/PRWEB) February 01, 2011
Within the past year, the Security Industry Association (SIA) has undertaken several major projects that will shape its future and affect the security industry, as a whole. From buying Securing New Ground and helping to establish Security Week to expanding its international presence to forming the Ashlar Foundation, SIA, in many ways, has entered a new era. And the new SIA era demanded a new SIA logo.
The new SIA brand can be viewed here. The staid vertical rectangle is gone, replaced by a dynamic and multi-faceted image, each component of which conveys meaning related to the association’s mission.
- The shield represents protection and defense, both in terms of security companies offering protection to their users and SIA defending the business interests of its members.
- The eagle symbolizes the strength that comes from good security and SIA’s support.
- The laurels denote the leadership SIA provides in its service to the security industry.
- The stars represent SIA’s five core areas of Education, Government Relations, International Relations, Research and Standards.
- The compass points are indicative of SIA’s global reach and influence.
As for the Latin phrase at the bottom of the logo, “Virtus Per Securitatem” translates to “Strength Through Security.”
SIA members can request a SIA Member logo to put on their websites and in their newsletters and printed collateral to display their affiliation with SIA.
The Security Industry Association (http://www.siaonline.org) is the leading trade group for businesses in the electronic and physical security market. SIA protects and advances its members' interests by advocating pro-industry policies and legislation on Capitol Hill and throughout the 50 states; producing cutting-edge global market research; creating open industry standards that enable integration; advancing industry professionalism through education and training; opening global market opportunities; and providing sole sponsorship of the ISC Expos, the world's largest security trade shows and conferences.
Security Industry Association