Sterling, Virginia (PRWEB) April 13, 2009
Simena®, the innovative leader in appliance based network test solutions, announces a new product, Packet Flow Switch (PFS), which is a highly sophisticated network appliance that can be used as a tool aggregator, traffic consolidator, and traffic divider. PFS was designed to help users increase their productivity in monitoring and troubleshooting by providing flexibility with test configurations using existing network tools while saving valuable SPAN ports on switches.
PFS provides any-to-any connections among up to 22 1G and 10G test ports managed via its easy to use web based GUI. It allows the user to consolidate traffic from different ports down to one port where, for example, a network monitoring tool may be connected. The corresponding traffic can also be directed to another port where a security tool is connected. PFS includes the same powerful XML based filtering capabilities as in other Simena products. In addition, the multi-user PFS platform has a traffic capture feature with the capability to capture packets at wire speed on any port and forward packets to other ports.
PFS can be used in many applications such as:
- Load balancing heavy traffic to multiple monitoring tools
- Sharing expensive network tools among many SPAN ports and TAPs
- Multicasting critical traffic to multiple security devices
- Bridging traffic between expensive 10G and multiple 1G ports
- Layer 1-7 filtering to reduce the chatty SPAN port traffic
- Dynamically creating TAPs with media and speed conversion including by-pass failover
- Capturing live traffic for further analysis while forwarding it to monitoring and security tools
Pricing for the PFS starts at $10,000 for the 6 port base model and increases depending on the number and type of ports. PFS is now also available bundled with Simena's NE3000 and PTC3000 network emulator and TG1000 and TG2000 traffic generator products.
Founded in 2002 and currently located in Sterling, VA, USA, Simena manufactures patent pending, high speed network test solutions. Designed by experienced network engineers, these reliable and portable products help Simena customers to have effective and productive test cases. Simena's products are available in 25 countries around the world through its sales offices and distributors. For more information about Simena and its products, visit Simena's web site, or call +1.571.323.1500.