The first place entry will receive $2,000, an engraved plaque, a certificate of recognition and publication in one of the Simons Center publications series.
Fort Leavenworth, KS (PRWEB) September 13, 2011
The Col. Arthur D. Simons Center for the Study of Interagency Cooperation announces its Interagency Writing Competition for 2012. The competition is open to the public and recognizes papers that provide insight and fresh thinking in advancing the knowledge, understanding, and practice of interagency coordination, cooperation, and collaboration at the tactical or operational level of effort. Deadline for submissions is Friday, March 16, 2012.
Entries must be focused on one of two special topics:
- The interagency role in preventing conflict when dealing with failing or failed states; or
- The validity of the “whole-of-government” approach in dealing with the full range of homeland and national security threats.
How to enter:
- Submit an unclassified, original paper examining any aspect – broad or specific – of one of the special topics. Papers should be between 4,000 and 8,000 words in length.
- Previously published papers, papers pending consideration elsewhere for publication, or papers submitted to other competitions still pending announced decisions are ineligible.
- Manuscripts should be single spaced in Microsoft Word format using Times, 12-point type. All graphs, charts, and tables should be submitted as separate files in the format they were created.
- Along with their manuscript, writers must agree to the Simons Center copyright transfer agreement, which is detailed online at http://www.TheSimonsCenter.org/competition.
- Manuscripts cab be submitted on the Simons Center website at http://www.thesimonscenter.org/contribute-content or emailed to editor@TheSimonsCenter.org with the subject line “Interagency Writing Competition” by March 16, 2012.
A panel of Simons Center judges will evaluate entries on originality, substance of argument, style and contribution to advancing the understanding and practice of interagency cooperation at the operational and tactical levels of effort.
The first place entry will receive $2,000, an engraved plaque, a certificate of recognition and publication in one of the Simons Center publications series. Second place will receive a $1,000 award, a certificate of recognition and consideration for publication. Third place receives $500, a certificate and also consideration for publication by the Simons Center.
For more information about the writing competition, contact the Simons Center at editor@TheSimonsCenter.org or call 913-682-7244. The Simons Center is a major program of the CGSC Foundation, Inc. Information about the Simons Center’s mission, organization, and publications is available at http://www.TheSimonsCenter.org.