Carrollton, TX (PRWEB) March 12, 2010
Daylight Saving Time begins this Sunday, March 14 at 2:00 a.m., and D/FW mattress retailer Sleep Experts offers the following tips to help North Texas families “spring forward” without disrupting their sleep schedules.
- In the days leading up to the time change, expose yourself to light as early in the morning as you can, to help reset your body's internal clock. Have breakfast in front of a window, or take an early morning walk outdoors.
- Change your clocks on Saturday afternoon instead of Sunday. Avoid looking at the clock and thinking that it's really an hour later or earlier. Act as if this is the new time and plan your day accordingly.
- Plan to get at least eight hours of sleep Saturday night.
- Go to bed a half-hour earlier Saturday night and sleep at least a half-hour longer Sunday morning.
- Take a nap in the middle of the afternoon if you need it, but not after 4:00 p.m. Napping too close to bedtime can disrupt nighttime sleep.
- Go to sleep early enough on Sunday night to ensure you get eight hours of sleep.
- Maintain your children’s regular sleep, wake and nap times. Try not to compensate for the lost hour by delaying bedtime or allowing your child to sleep in. This will increase the time it takes to transition.
- Some parents find it easier to start making adjustments as early as Thursday night before the time change, moving a child’s bedtime earlier by 15 minutes each night, so that Sunday they are right back on schedule.
About Sleep Experts
Sleep Experts, a mattress retailer with 33 locations in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, offers a broad selection of innerspring mattresses, foam mattresses and air mattresses, with brands including Tempur-Pedic, ComforPedic, Simmons, Beautyrest, Laura Ashley, Aireloom, Life Number and Sleep Designs. The company’s mission is to exceed customers’ expectations, and it backs this pledge with a One Year Love Your Mattress Guarantee™. Recent accolades include the 2009 Dallas Business Ethics Award, three consecutive Consumers' Choice Awards®, and top workplace awards from both Dallas Business Journal and The Dallas Morning News. Through its Rest Assured community program, Sleep Experts recycles customers' old mattresses for donation to local shelters and also donates a portion of proceeds from every mattress sale to help families in crisis. For more information, visit http://www.sleepexperts.com or call (888) 55-SLEEP.