In only its second year, Launch Pad is now an eagerly anticipated and highly valued element of the ET4Online experience.
Newburyport, MA (PRWEB) March 11, 2014
The Sloan Consortium (Sloan-C) today announced participants for the second-annual “Launch Pad,” a showcase of educational technology startups being featured at the 7th Annual Sloan-C/MERLOT Emerging Technologies for Online Learning International Symposium (ET4Online), April 9-11, at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel, Dallas, Texas.
“The Launch Pad program is designed to bring the latest innovations to ET4Online attendees, to offer a glimpse of tomorrow’s online learning spaces and create heightened opportunities for learning and reflection,” said Kathleen S. Ives, D.M., acting CEO and executive director, Sloan-C. “In only its second year, Launch Pad is now an eagerly anticipated and highly valued element of the ET4Online experience.”
Participants receive access to the ET4Online community and visibility in the Launch Pad area at the conference. They also have the opportunity to attend a breakfast session titled, “Igniting a Flame with Innovation and Intrapreneurship in the Online Learning Ecosystem, presented by Michael Staton of Learn Capital. Following the breakfast, Staton will lead a panel discussion with Launch Pad participants, which will explore the opportunities and challenges in today’s new higher education ecosystem.
This year’s Launch Pad features 10 ed-tech startups that have invented solutions to problems faced by today’s online educators. Participants are:
- ApprenNet - Online learning platform that takes the magic of classroom learning and translates it to the virtual environment by giving instructors tools to create video-based online learning exercises that foster skill practice, peer review and expert access.
- Blendspace - Enables teachers to easily create and deliver lessons that adapt to students needs with easy drag-and-drop Internet resources, built-in assessments and lesson tacking.
- Collaaj - One-stop-shop solution for lecture capture, personal capture (for flipped and elearning content), as well as student generated rich content using iPad.
- Crowdmark - Provides an ultra-scalable web application for grading any form of student work (handwritten math/science problems, essays, drawings, etc).
- EDUonGo - Enables everyone to launch an online academy in minutes.
- Gogo Labs - Developer of 3D GameLab, a patent-pending SaaS learning platform that promotes student engagement by creating feelings of heroic success using game mechanics such as quests, ranks and badges.
- Interlude - A digital media company that designs, develops and markets interactive video technology that has been used by entertainment companies, brands, educators and independent filmmakers.
- Ponder – Makes flipped learning possible by providing students with light scaffolding to engage in critical thinking on any text or video anywhere through micro-response.
- RedShelf - Ingests published textbooks from the world’s publishers and quickly turns them into HTML5 content through an automated process, for free.
- USEED - Provides universities and colleges with a crowdfunding platform they control, and the tools and training their students and faculty need to be successful on that platform.
Learn more about the featured startups and the Launch Pad program at http://sloanconsortium.org/conference/2014/et4online/launchpad.
The Sloan Consortium (Sloan-C) is the leading professional online learning society devoted to advancing quality e-Education learning into the mainstream of education through its community. Sloan-C is dedicated to providing access to high quality e-Education to individuals, institutions, professional societies and the corporate community. For more information, visit http://www.sloanconsortium.org.