Portland, ME (PRWEB) March 13, 2013
Many small businesses are now considering having someone else answer their phone to be more competitive. After all, solopreneurs or one man companies now account for one of every three in the US work force.
More than 80% of small business answering services have built their technology on top of the legacy public telephone network. It is often confusing when trying to compare these services because they often keep their functionality limitations hidden in their marketing. New digital answering service companies, that are providing their receptionists with a cloud based system, built on top of the New VOIP phone network, provide a significant advantage. Here are 5 things to know:
1) Many answering services cannot transfer incoming calls. They do not have the switching capability to easily accomplish this, and can only take messages.
2) Most do not have the ability to automatically and immediately send you those messages via email or text message.
3) If they do offer a call transfer functionality, most do not let you update your availability to receive a transferred call, in real time, from the web or your mobile device. This is mostly on purpose, because they can generate more answering time minutes, and charge you more, trying to transfer the call. Although, in some cases it's literally because they do not have the technical capability built into their system.
4) Very few provide a web or mobile app to access and manage messages much like email.
5) Very few provide the ability to manage multiple numbers, multiple offices and multiple employees in your business. If they do, they often charge extra for this.
Given that the legacy public telephone system is scheduled to be completely transitioned to the new VOIP telephone network by 2018. solopreneurs and small businesses considering an answering service, should consider what functionality is important to them. Main Virtual Office is introducing a money back guarantee to demonstrate this.
Main Virtual Office
Main Virtual Office answering services and it's USAnswer mobile app are the leading choice for the nations 50 million solopreneurs and small businesses with less than 5 employees. At $79/month Main Virtual Office is the lowest priced professional answering service in the marketplace. Even so, Main Virtual's USAnswer mobile app has more features and functionality than any other answering service in the market.