(PRWEB UK) 19 August 2012
SmartDebit has released tips to advise organisations looking to outsource to a Direct Debit service in the UK via their online blog. Paul Langan, Marketing Executive at SmartDebit explains the importance of understanding exactly what each Bureau service offers.
“Payments are the life blood of any organisation, when outsourcing this critical element of your business you must be completely assured in the protection of your funds, the service you will receive and the cost,” claims Paul.
1) Ask how the Bureau protect their data. Operating from a single server located within an office may leave sensitive data vulnerable to security threats.
2) Run a credit risk check on the Bureau: By outsourcing payment collections, organisations are entrusting the Bureau with their cash flow. Should that Bureau be financially unstable, they run the risk of losing business and may damage their brand reputation.
3) Ask for the Bureaus’ compliances: The security of an organisation’s data is one of the most important factors when selecting a Direct Debit Bureau. Ask if they are Bacs Approved, and what score they received in their inspection audit. Other compliances such as ISO 27001 are also a further indication of the Bureaus' commitment to data security.
4) Ask if they offer a fully branded service: A fully branded solution means only the organisation name will appear on all correspondences to customers, including their bank statements. This will stop unwanted cancellations from customers not recognising who the debit is being paid to.
5) Ask for a demonstration of the service: By asking for this, organisations will be in a better position to make a judgement on value for money and quality of service. Outsourcing Direct Debit collections should reduce the administrative effort made in both time and cost.
6) Look for a simple, low cost fee structure: Be fully aware of what will be invoiced each month. Some pricing structures have ‘hidden’ costs’, which may leave result in a higher outlay than initially budgeted for.
SmartDebit™ are the UK’s leading Direct Debit Bureau, specialising in payment processing services since 1998. A Bacs approved Bureau, scoring ‘Excellent’ in all five categories of the Bacs audit, and ISO 27001 compliant. Providing a complete range of services: Outsourcing; SmartDebit-Admin cloud based portal; SmartDebit-Online payer sign up; SmartDebit-API integrated solution and SmartDebit-Contingency.