Many online spreadsheet tools are too lightweight while purpose-built apps like Project require a significant investment in training. Smartsheet is the happy medium, helping us track projects, issues, and scheduling across several other departments.
Bellevue, WA (PRWEB) May 03, 2011
Smartsheet, a leading online project management tool, today announced 9 of the Top 10 ranked “Best Colleges” in US News and Reports’ 2011 National University Rankings use its intuitive spreadsheet-like cloud app, including departments at Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Stanford, University of Pennsylvania, MIT, Dartmouth, Duke, and University of Chicago. The flexible SaaS tool helps teams increase productivity and collaborate more effectively and efficiently on projects, tasks and processes.
Smartsheet is used at universities and colleges around the world, including Syracuse University, UCLA, University of Calgary, Penn State, George Washington University, USC, George Mason, Cornell, Purdue, University of Wisconsin, Boise State University, Australian National University, UC Berkeley, The University of Sheffield, and The Julliard School.
“The education sector, particularly higher education, is one of our fastest growing customer segments,” said Mark Mader, CEO of Smartsheet. “The flexibility and familiarity of the spreadsheet-like interface makes it easy for a wide variety of teams to adopt and apply to their specific situation. The cloud-app enables them to track projects and collaborate in real time -- regardless if it’s a course syllabus, a campus construction project, or a capital campaign. At a time when budgets and resources are tighter than ever for schools, getting more done for less is a big deal.”
Smartsheet’s online project management tool makes it easy to manage tasks and projects as well as collaborate with stakeholders. Users can securely share entire project sheets or individual rows, attach files to specific fields, and create and track discussions about the projects from within the worksheet itself.
“Smartsheet provides a unique combination of ease of use and utility,” said Brian Bolt, Office of Information Technology, Boise State University. “Many online spreadsheet tools are too lightweight while purpose-built apps like Project require a significant investment in training. Smartsheet is the happy medium, helping us track projects, issues, and scheduling across several other departments. Additionally, the fact that I can share sheets with others--for free--makes it an even more valuable choice.”
Teams at universities and colleges use Smartsheet to:
- Develop and share curriculum, course materials, and related student activities with other faculty and students
- Track grants, scholarships and other application-related projects
- Manage annual budgeting and performance review processes
- Manage IT project and task lists, schedules and assignments
- Attach campus facility enhancement quotes, contracts and other requirement docs
- Maintain teacher and curriculum credentials and paperwork
- Produce enrollment reports, forecasts and notes
- Use Gantt and calendar views to track infrastructure and technology transitions
- Set alerts and notifications so as information is changed or milestones met, team members are notified
- Streamline the collection of requests or feedback into a web-based Smartform which auto-populates Smartsheet
- Upload files, including Google docs or links, and send a link to the file via e-mail for easy updating
Smartsheet.com, a leading Software as a Service (SaaS) company, offers businesses an intuitive online project management and collaboration tool. The ease of use of the familiar spreadsheet-like interface, coupled with file sharing and work automation features have made it a popular and highly functional business productivity app for teams. Smartsheet is used by thousands of organizations worldwide for managing all types of work including projects and tasks, operations, sales pipelines, events, marketing campaigns, crowdsourcing and more. Today, Smartsheet is a top-ranked app in the Google Application Marketplace and is integrated with leading web services such as Google Apps and VMWare’s Zimbra email. Located in Bellevue WA, the privately held company is backed by Madrona Venture Group, a leading venture capital firm. Visit http://www.smartsheet.com for more details.