If you are a business, don’t be fooled by fancy language and empty promises.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) December 29, 2011
Brainy Social Marketing makes a bold statement saying, "The social media industry is full of blowhards and desperate consultants looking to prey on unsophisticated companies. It’s easy to use social media speak to impress a business. But, if you are a business, don’t be fooled by fancy language and empty promises." Most social media consultants have been consulting for just a few years and pretty much regurgitate what they read on popular technology blogs. They rarely have a unique thought and have never written code or worked with software developers. Understanding code, APIs and the inherent viral loops on social networks are crucial to successful social media management. More importantly, if you understand how these all work together, only then can you have a unique and differentiating value-added perspective.
Here are 5 clues that you have hired the wrong social media consultant:
1. Were you asked “What are your goals?” If not, fire them. Your goals are what counts, not the consultants. Once you state your goals then the strategy should be created on how the goals will be achieved.
2. Are you receiving monthly updates that include detailed statistics on the strategy that was crafted for you? If not, fire them. Data is what matters, whether you like numbers or not, data is measurable.
3. What else are they doing besides putting content on your page? Are they actively reaching out to fans and followers (what else besides a wall post or Tweet), is their evidence of increased “engagement,” are they doing any promotions or contest or creating and managing Facebook ads? If not, fire them. To be successful, a social media consultant needs to mix things up to keep the Page fresh and content new. Also, mixing up the tactics is important to see what is working best at that time.
4. Has your consultant been involved in building any technology or software? If not, fire them. Social media is the confluence of technology and marketing, you need to understand both to have a value-added service.
5. Is your consultant taking advantage of the current trends of your industry and business? If not, well, you know what to do. Content is king for your social media efforts. Your business’ best chance to increase the number of customers and their loyalty is stay on top of the latest trends and news so you are seen as a thought leader. Are you proud of the content being posted every day and can you do better?
Odds are you have the wrong person running your social media. If not, congrats you are one of the few. Your social media consultant needs to express a clear vision of how your goals will be achieved. Content is king, mixing up the content is crucial, providing detailed monthly reports on the achievement of those goals is key, understanding how technology plays into marketing in order to create a good bang for the buck scales and you must be proud of your content. If all these are not satisfied, then search for someone new that can make a difference for your business. Social media is too important and can have a huge effect on your business, so do it right and do your homework.
About Brainy Social Marketing
BrainySocialMarketing.com is a unique social media management and technology platform. The Company doesn’t just talk social media, they build it, and use that knowledge to the benefit of its clients. Whether it’s managing a Facebook Page or Twitter Profile, initiating a promotion or sweepstakes, creating and managing an ad campaign and building a technology, Brainy is the company of choice for both small and large businesses and agencies.
# # #