We are proud that AIRBUS trusted us again to accompany it in this new contract which confirms Sogeti High Tech capacity to provide complete offers to its customers.
Dayton, OH (Vocus) February 9, 2010 –-
This signature between Airbus and Sogeti High Tech, wholly owned subsidiary of Cap Gemini S.A, reinforces a mutual trust relationship initiated more than ten years ago in the field of engineering design structural analysis(2) (composites and methods & tools) raising Sogeti High Tech as a first rank services partner of the European aircraft company.
This decision is a strategic choice for Airbus which needs to rely on a reference partner able to take an active part in its supply chain rationalization and able to contribute to a new engineering framework for structural analysis.
Amit Midha, Vice President of Sogeti USA’s Engineering Services, concurs: "The high level specificity of this project requires strong proximity between teams of Sogeti High Tech and Airbus to achieve the highest standard in terms of service efficiency and reliability. We are proud that AIRBUS trusted us again to accompany it in this new contract which confirms Sogeti High Tech capacity to provide complete offers to its customers.”
This contract represents a brand new perimeter for Sogeti High Tech which is now in charge of supporting and training all the Airbus Extended Enterprise(3) regarding simulation tools and processes for structural analysis. It highlights Sogeti High Tech teams’ experience and state-of-the-art expertise based on:
- its strategic offerings in simulation, composites and testing,
- its know-how in processes : training, service desk, transition management,
- its international presence and skills,
- its Rightshore® approach(4).
These activities are in the straightforward continuation of Sogeti High Tech’s strategy to become a leading service provider for Airbus Computer Aided Engineering(5) community.
With its international footprint from USA to China, this contract will be also a cornerstone for Sogeti High Tech development to become a strong partner of Airbus aero-structure domain along functional design. Sogeti High Tech will have to work with roughly 1,300 users in AIRBUS, 700 users in Risk Sharing Partners and will have to interact with many organizations located from the US to East Asia.
(1) SAST: Structure Analysis SupporT
(2) The structural analysis is a domain of research, development and industrial applications. Its aim is to create a model and to digitally simulate the behaviour of structures in their environment. The term of structure is general, it can deal with a part of an aircraft or an aircraft itself.
(3) Airbus Extended Enterprise : Airbus sites, Tiers 1, Airbus offshore centers, Risk Sharing Partners
(4) Rightshore® : Capgemini Group’s global delivery model, which offers clients – depending on their needs – the best balance between services delivered from centers in close geographical proximity and / or with close cultural ties with their sites (onshore or nearshore) and services delivered from more remote centers (offshore)
(5) Computer Aided Engineering (CAE): use of information technology to support engineers in tasks such as analysis, simulation, design, manufacture, planning, diagnosis and repair.
About Sogeti USA
Sogeti USA is a premier provider of information technology services to businesses and public-sector organizations. Operating in 23 U.S. locations, Sogeti’s business model is built on providing customers with local accountability and vast delivery expertise. Sogeti is a leader in helping clients develop, implement and manage practical IT and engineering solutions to help run their business better. With over 40 years of experience, Sogeti offers a comprehensive portfolio of services including Engineering Services, Enterprise Microsoft Solutions, Enterprise Solutions Consulting, IBM and Open Solutions and Testing/Quality Assurance.
For more, visit http://www.us.sogeti.com.
About Sogeti HIGH TECH
Sogeti High Tech is a leading company in Engineering and Technology Consulting Services. With over than 20 years of expertise, we undertake major technical and engineering innovation projects for the R&D departments of global industrial firms:
- Research & Development with the maintenance in operational conditions
- Outsourcing Research and Development and Innovation Advice.
- Scientific and technical research and developments, mechanical design, development of complex systems.
- Control and industrial data processing.
About Sogeti Group
Sogeti is a leading provider of professional technology services, specializing in Application Management, Infrastructure Management, High-Tech Engineering and Testing. Working closely with its clients, Sogeti enables them to leverage technological innovation and achieve maximum results. Sogeti brings together more than 20,000 professionals in 14 countries and is present in over 200 locations in Europe, the US and India. Sogeti is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cap Gemini S.A., listed on the Paris Stock Exchange.
For more information please visit http://www.sogeti.com.