ArtRage to be Included with Select Sony VAIO Touch PC's in US – Closest Experience to Actual Painting
NY, NY (PRWEB) October 15, 2012
Ambient Design, the leading award-winning creator of realistic art painting software for Windows, Mac, iPad and iPhone, announced today that it has been chosen by Sony to highlight the creative touch screen capabilities of the new Sony VAIO PCs for Windows 8 at the Sony VAIO fall product line launch, held in New York City. ArtRage Studio and Studio Pro v. 3.5 are being demonstrated on touch-enabled VAIO PCs by a variety of artists, showing the benefits to professional and even beginning artists.
ArtRage’s powerful software lets you become an amazing digital artist, providing the experience of actually “painting” digitally on a computer touch screen canvas with oil paints that smear and blend, and watercolors that flow together to create soft, wet gradations, just as they would in a traditional art studio.
ArtRage to be Included with Select Sony VAIO Touch PC's in the US – Closest Experience to Actual Painting
Included with select models of Sony VAIO PC's: Sony VAIO Tap 20, Sony VAIO Duo 11, Sony VAIO L24, Sony VAIO E14P and Sony VAIO T13, ArtRage Studio and Studio Pro 3.5 are the only art programs that provide the most realistic tactile experience closest to actual painting, with an easily accessible user interface. ArtRage is so easy to use, it even allows children and beginning digital artists to create realistic art works that appear to be painted by traditional art media, like oil on canvas or watercolors on special papers. ArtRage can even record and play back actual paint strokes, with additional advanced features for color blending, scripting, and content sharing tools. For a detailed list of features of the different versions, see:
ArtRage Optimized for Multi-Touch Screens – Quickly Move the Canvas with Two Fingers
Optimized for multi-touch screens, ArtRage not only lets you rotate, scale and move the canvas with two fingers, but it also allows rulers, stencils, stickers, layers, selections and even menus to be easily rearranged without hunting for complex commands deep in the menu structure (some examples of the multi-touch benefits for artists of all levels can be seen in this video showing recreations of famous artists “Learn to paint like the Masters: Warhol, Miro, Hokusai” at: http://www.thomas-pr.com/ambientdesign/artragepaintlikethemasters.html, more videos at: http://www.youtube.com/user/artragetv).
ArtRage Studio Pro 3.5 Features (partial list of the advanced features):
- Tablet Support: Uses Microsoft’s Realtime Stylus system for wider support of pen and touch input devices, like the Sony VAIO PC.
- Multi-Threading Speed: Speed increases for multiprocessor/multi-core computers.
- Color Blending: Oil paint and watercolor blend fast and realistically.
- Recording/Playback: Records painting as it happens for playback, automates repetitive tasks, plays back in higher resolutions for larger print outs, accelerated playback, even plays back paint stroke recordings of ArtRage for iPad.
- Share Content: Makes it easy to share custom content (like stickers, presets and stencils).
- Scripting: Almost every aspect of ArtRage can be controlled via written commands, including paint strokes, transformations, settings, built-in filtering and more.
- Create Tutorials: Records art for posterity, creates tutorials with annotations of script recordings.
- Loaded Palette Knife: Load paint onto the Palette Knife before using to create smooth strokes with precise angle control.
- Airbrush Control: Control airbrush fall-off sharpness and nozzle drips.
- Hard-Tipped Tools: Pencils, Crayons, and Chalks allow more expressive strokes on the canvas.
For more details on new features, see: http://www.artrage.com/artrage-whatsnew.html.
Availability & Pricing
ArtRage Studio and Studio Pro 3.5 for Windows and Mac are available immediately, priced at $29.90 and $59.90 respectively at http://www.artrage.com/artrage-store.html. ArtRage for iPad is also available immediately priced at $4.99 and ArtRage for iPhone is available for $1.99 from the Apple iTunes Store.
For more information, see http://www.artrage.com or
About Ambient Design Ltd.
Ambient Design Ltd. is a New Zealand-based global software development and publishing firm, specializing in creative applications and user interfaces for artists of all ages and all levels of competency, including professionals, hobbyists and students. The principals have over 40 years experience in combining complex image processing algorithms with an easily accessible user experience. Ambient Design Ltd. was founded in 2000 by Andy Bearsley and Matt Fox-Wilson, formerly of MetaCreations, the developer of Painter, Bryce and Kai’s Power Tools. Ambient Design’s products are available in 12 languages and have been downloaded over 10 million times.
ArtRage, Ambient Design and the BrushMan logo are trademarks of Ambient Design Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.