Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) August 04, 2014
This report elaborates South Africa’s power market structure and provides historical and forecast numbers for generation, capacity and consumption up to 2030. Detailed analysis of South Africa power market’s regulatory structure, import and export trends, competitive landscape and power projects at various stages of the supply chain is provided. The report also gives a snapshot of the power sector in South Africa on broad parameters of macroeconomics, supply security, generation infrastructure, and transmission infrastructure, degree of competition, regulatory scenario and future potential. Financial performance of the leading power companies is also analyzed in the report.
- Statistics for installed capacity, power generation and consumption from 2000 to 2013, forecast for the next 12 years to 2025
- Break-up by technology, including thermal, hydro, renewable and nuclear
- Data on leading current and upcoming projects
- Information on grid interconnectivity, transmission and distribution infrastructure and power exports and imports
- Policy and regulatory framework governing the market
- Detailed analysis of top market participant, including market share analysis
South Africa, Power Market, Snapshot of Leading Power Generating Company:
- Eskom Holdings SOC Limited
Order a purchase copy at http://www.marketoptimizer.org/contacts/purchase?rname=9085.
Reasons to buy
- Identify opportunities and plan strategies by having a strong understanding of the investment opportunities in the country’s power sector.
- Identification of key factors driving investment opportunities in the country’s power sector.
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong historic and forecast data.
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory events.
- Position yourself to gain the maximum advantage of the industry’s growth potential.
- Identify key partners and business development avenues.
- Identify key strengths and weaknesses of important market participants.
- Respond to your competitors’ business structure, strategy and prospects.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2.1 GlobalData Report Guidance
3 South Africa, Power Market, Snapshot
3.1 South Africa, Power Market, Macro-economic Factors
3.2 South Africa, Power Market, Supply Security
3.3 South Africa, Power Market, Generation Infrastructure
3.4 South Africa, Power Market, Transmission Infrastructure
3.5 South Africa, Power Market, Opportunities
3.6 South Africa, Power Market, Challenges
4 South Africa, Power Market, Market Analysis
4.1 South Africa, Power Market, Supply Structure
4.2 South Africa, Power Market, Key Market Players
4.3 South Africa, Power Market, Financial Deals
4.3.1 Deal Volume and Value Analysis, 2004-2013
4.3.2 Deals by Type, 2013
4.4 South Africa, Power Market, Demand Structure
4.4.1 Electricity Consumption by Sector, 2013
5 South Africa, Power Market, Regulatory Scenario
5.1 South Africa, Power Market, Key Electricity Policies
5.1.1 Integrated National Electrification Plan
5.1.2 Integrated Energy Plan
5.1.3 Integrated Resource Plan
5.1.4 Independent System and Market Operator Bill
5.1.5 White Paper on Energy Policy of 1998
5.1.6 National Energy Efficiency Strategy
5.1.7 The National Environmental Management: Air Quality Act, 2004
5.1.8 Ambient Air Quality Act, 2010
5.1.9 New Build Program
5.1.10 Energy Efficiency and Demand Side Management Program
5.2 South Africa, Power Market, Renewable Energy Development
5.2.1 The White Paper on Renewable Energy
5.2.2 National Response to South Africa’s Electricity Shortage
5.2.3 National Climate Change Response Policy
5.3 South Africa, Power Market, Foreign Investment Scenario
6 South Africa, Power Market, Capacity and Generation Overview
6.1 South Africa, Power Market, Cumulative Installed Capacity, Breakdown by Fuel Type, 2013
6.2 South Africa, Power Market, Cumulative Installed Capacity and Annual Power Generation, 2000-2030
6.2.1 Cumulative Installed Thermal Power Capacity and Annual Thermal Power Generation, 2000-2030
6.2.2 Cumulative Installed Hydropower Capacity and Annual Hydropower Generation, 2000-2030
6.2.3 Cumulative Installed Nuclear Power Capacity and Annual Nuclear Power Generation, 2000-2030
6.2.4 Cumulative Installed Renewable Power Capacity and Annual Renewable Power Generation, 2000-2030
7 South Africa, Power Market, Transmission and Distribution Overview
7.1 South Africa, Power Market, Transmission Overview
7.2 South Africa, Power Market, Distribution Overview
7.3 South Africa, Transmission Network, Development Plan, 2013-2020
7.3.1 Eastern Province
7.3.2 Northern Province
7.3.3 Western Province
7.4 South Africa, Power Market, Grid Interconnection
7.4.1 Electricity Imports and Exports, 2000-2013
8 South Africa, Power Market, Snapshot of Leading Power Generating Company
8.1 South Africa, Power Market, Key Company: Eskom Holdings SOC Limited
8.1.1 Company Overview
8.1.2 Eskom Holdings SOC Limited, Business Description
8.1.3 Eskom Holdings SOC Limited, SWOT Analysis
9.1 Market Definitions
9.1.2 Installed Capacity
9.1.3 Electricity Generation
9.1.4 Electricity Consumptio
9.1.5 Thermal Power Plant
9.1.6 Hydropower Plant
9.1.7 Nuclear Power
9.1.8 Renewable Energy Resources
9.4 Research Methodology
9.4.2 Secondary Research
9.4.3 Primary Research and Analysis
Explore more reports on energy industry at http://www.marketoptimizer.org/category/energy-power/energy.
MarketOptimizer.org is an online database of market research reports offer in-depth analysis of over 5000 market segments. The library has syndicated reports by leading market research publishers across the globe and also offer customized market research reports for multiple industries.