San Francisco, CA (Vocus) February 7, 2010
OK, so we all know about the obvious winter activities in South Lake Tahoe. But not everyone rides or skis, or maybe you do but you are looking for a new adventure this year. Here is the top ten list of “other” things to do on your next trip to South Lake Tahoe.
1. Snowshoeing- Why the heck not! It is a great workout, easy to rent the equipment, and is the perfect way to really enjoy South Lake Tahoe’s winter wonderland.
2. Snowmobiling- So much fun and it’s easy for all fitness levels. You can ride a snowmobile solo or with a buddy, on a trail or in the backcountry. With so many options and awesome vistas along the way, snowmobiling will be sure to make a memory.
3. Sledding- Especially if you have little ones there is no better way to truly enjoy the snow.
4. Watching a good movie- Be sure to make time to chillax and get out of the snow for a while too while in South Lake Tahoe. Make a fire in the fireplace, pop some popcorn and put on a movie. All these South Lake Tahoe vacation homes have Roku players, DVD players, DVD library, and huge package of TV channels.
5. Host a dinner- Sure going out can be fun, but why not host a big dinner at your cabin. The Black Bart House vacation home of South Lake Tahoe has a gourmet kitchen featuring: a large 6 gas burner stove, warming ovens, and lots of counter space for all the prep work.
6. Tournament Game Night- Your friends and family can arrange a ping-pong, foosball or pool tournament. Order pizza, pick up some beer and a few poster boards to keep track of the rankings and you are in for a fun filled night.
7. Sleigh ride- Ridding a horse by yourself in winter weather might be difficult, but there are several Sleigh ride companies that will take you out in a horse drawn sleigh.
8. Helicopter Ride- You might have already been on the South Lake Tahoe Steam boat tour, so it might be time to see Lake Tahoe in a whole new way. What better vantage point to see this beautiful Lake and the surrounding mountains shrouded with snow then from the sky?
9. Hot Tubing- There is nothing better than the combination of the hot bubbling water, crisp cool air, and a white blanket of snow all around to enjoy. All of these vacation rental cabins in South Lake Tahoe feature a large hot tub outside.
10. Ice Skating- Well this does require some physical fitness, but ice-skating always is a fun time. Heavenly Ski Resort in South Lake Tahoe offers a large ice-skating rink inside its Village.
As you can see from the list, the quality of your stay in South Lake Tahoe depends on what South Lake Tahoe vacation rental home you choose. South Lake Tahoe offers a great selection of homes that will allow you to experience many of the activities on our list and so much more.
Visit us today at: http://www.tahoehouse.net