Atlanta, GA (Vocus) December 18, 2009
Holiday season is here, and with all of the parties, sweets, and zero gym time, it’s no surprise that the average American woman gains 7-10 lbs. this time of year.
If holiday festivities have left your waistline missing in action, and you’re wondering how you’ll shimmy into your holiday dresses, it may be time to treat yourself to a pair of SPANX. Spanx shapewear expert Maggie Adams shares tips and slim-down solutions to hide extra winter weight without sacrificing comfort.
When choosing shapewear it’s important to consider your figure and fashion choice. The goal is to accentuate your assets and hide any liabilities. Keep in mind that the right undergarments are crucial to achieving the right fit and a sleek silhouette.
- Plus Size- Perfect under a holiday dress, the SPANX Slim Cognito Shape-Suit is sure to let your smooth curves steal the spotlight. With zoned compression that slims and smoothes the tummy, hips, thighs, and rear, this seamless bodysuit is the perfect shaper for plus size women. It also supports larger chests with flexible cups and removable underwires. ($98)
- Small Busted- Women with smaller chests looking for a lift and a smooth silhouette in curve-hugging dresses should go with SPANX Bra-llelujah Demi Push-Up. With an all-hosiery back and straps, this bra comfortably smoothes out unwanted lumps and bumps and rids VBL (visible bra lines) and back fat. Plus this bra give “the girls” a lift with light-contouring, graduated pads. ($62)
- Petite- SPANX Tight-End Tights in Corset are a must for women looking to elongate their legs. Shapewear meets legwear in these multi-tasking Corset tights that add the illusion of long legs with their elegant vertical pattern. These tights also provide extra slimming control through the midriff while glamming up your legs for a chic party look. ($28)
- Pear Shape- If you’re looking to save without sacrificing style, ASSETS by Sara Blakely is a budget-friendly shapewear option for you. ASSETS Fantastic Firmer Mid-Thigh Shaper is the perfect underpinning for pear-shaped gals with a little extra junk in the trunk. Uniquely designed to firm the tummy, thighs, hips, and rear, it comfortably takes the jiggle out of your wiggle. Pair this shaper with an A-line dress to accentuate in all the right places, and create the red carpet look for less. ($24)
- Moms-to-be- Who says you can’t flaunt your assets when you’re pregnant? ASSETS Maternity Terrific Tights offer your legs a stylish look for every trimester. This opaque legwear is a great way to spice up your maternity wardrobe and flatter your figure. Best of all, these tights offer underbelly and back support that lifts away pressure. ($18)
The Skinny on Sara Blakely:
Nine years ago, Sara Blakely began her mission to make the world a better place, one butt at a time. A frustrated (yet fashionable) consumer-turned-entrepreneur, Sara invented SPANX footless pantyhose and single-rearendedly revolutionized the hosiery industry. Obsessed with creating comfortable, slimming undergarments that minimize figure flaws, Sara reinvented shapewear with smart features and won the hearts of fashion-loving women from Oprah to Jessica Alba. In an effort to provide better shapewear options to even more women, Sara launched ASSETS by Sara Blakely, an expertly-designed undergarment brand bringing innovative shapewear and legwear solutions to all women.
For more information, contact: Maggie Adams, 678-500-1246