SpecialChem Network deals exclusively with chemicals and materials. It is the world’s largest in this domain
Paris, France (PRWEB) July 20, 2011
SpecialChem announced today the launch of a new and exciting service of Open Innovation:
"Open Innovation is a game-changing practice that consists in tapping into resources that are external to your company to solve R&D problems and develop new businesses" said Christophe Cabarry, Founder and CEO of SpecialChem.
"Example: Technology Scouting: You have a technological problem and you do not have an immediate solution? It is very probable that people in the world have already faced the same challenge as you, and have even solved it - people you probably do not know, and probably in domains that you cannot even imagine! Open Innovation connects you with these people so that you save time, resources and dramatically enhance the chance to solve the problem you face by licensing or buying their technology, or by partnering with them.
Another example: Out-licensing IP: You have a technology that you want to value outside your traditional markets, or you have "dead" R&D projects that are lying dormant in your lab. There are probably companies out there able to develop new products in markets you do not even know, far away from your traditional markets, or that simply have different assets than yours. Some would probably be very interested in buying or licensing your know-how, or even in partnering to co-develop new solutions with you, in a value-sharing model."
Over the last decade, SpecialChem has created the world’s largest on-line network of technical professionals involved in chemicals and materials - a community of more than 450,000 registered formulation, material or design engineers generating millions of visits per year. In close collaboration with Fortune 500 clients, SpecialChem has developed Open Innovation services to complement its traditional Interactive Marketing and On-line conferencing businesses:
The SpecialChem Open Innovation service differs from the usual offerings of Open Innovation intermediaries in 5 fundamental ways:
1. A specialized Network: the SpecialChem network deals exclusively with chemicals and materials and is the world’s largest in this domain, thereby increasing the number and relevancy of proposals related to this field.
2. A business Network: more than 94% of SpecialChem’s network members work in corporations NOT in Academia, which maximizes the number of "ready-to-use" proposals and therefore reduces the time to market of innovations.
3. A simple process: SpecialChem focuses on what creates the most value for its clients: new connections. A streamlined, industry-validated, "no-frills" Requests For Proposal (RFP) process puts the emphasis on simple RFP framing, resulting in speedy results with limited resource investment for clients.
4. An aggressive pricing: as SpecialChem already derives several revenue streams from its community, it can propose attractive prices for its Open Innovation services.
5. A guarantee on results: its unique assets and approach as well as the many successful tests implemented over the last 18 months allow SpecialChem to commit on results for their Clients.
SpecialChem accelerates Technology and Business developments in Chemicals and Materials. Founded in 2000, SpecialChem implements Interactive Marketing & Open Innovation processes in the chemicals & materials value chains to increase innovation and business development speed. Its team of industry experts manages the world’s largest online Network, gathering hundreds of thousands of scientists, formulators, engineers, marketers and designers globally.
To find out more, please visit http://www.specialchem.com/open-innovation/index.aspx
Open Innovation Director
Telephone: +33 172 763 927