This is definitely not your father's infomercial. Our program takes a higher-level approach in introducing our SplashCube™ social media management software, our Splash Media U™ online video training curriculum and our overall marketing services.
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) July 11, 2012
Splash Media, one of the largest full-service social media marketing firms in the country, announces the regional premiere of a 30-minute infomercial that takes this traditional form of direct response marketing in new directions.
Working with infomercial pioneer Bob Dodd, Splash Media’s newsmagazine-style broadcast breaks the direct response mold in several ways:
- Splash Media isn’t selling fitness/diet programs, kitchen products, investment strategies or beauty aids. The infomercial investigates the benefits of social media marketing as a way for businesses to generate sales leads and build customer communities.
- Unlike most infomercials that try to reach the average consumer, Splash Media’s broadcast targets owners of small/midsize businesses and entrepreneurs who want to learn how to use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and blogs to tell their stories.
- Even though Splash Media is a company that works with new media, it’s using a proven, effective form of traditional media—television infomercials—to reach new audiences across the nation.
The infomercial highlights the stories of several Splash Media business clients who used social media to successfully grow sales, engage with potential and existing customers and establish themselves as thought-leaders in their respective industries. The regional premiere is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Central, Saturday, July 14, on WFAA-TV, the ABC affiliate in Dallas.
“This is definitely not your father's infomercial,” said Chris Kraft, Splash Media CEO and co-founder. “Our program takes a higher-level approach in introducing our SplashCube™ social media management software, our Splash Media U™ online video training curriculum and our overall marketing services to business owners. We’re also practicing what we preach to clients by integrating traditional marketing methods—in this case, TV marketing—with social media, thanks to our use of a Twitter survey during the infomercial.”
- The infomercial is co-directed by DDTV2 Chief Creative Officer Bob Dodd, whose Telly Award-winning work on direct response programs for clients like Nutrisystem and Time/Life Music and Books helped set the standard for effective, long-form TV marketing; and Brad Murano, the multiple award-winning chief creative officer for Splash Media.
- Splash Media’s Emmy Award-winning video production team shot the infomercial on location and in the studio of the company’s $5.5 million, state-of-the-art production facility.
- Splash Media Chief Content Officer Renay San Miguel—a former anchor/reporter for CNN, Headline News and CNBC—hosts the newsmagazine-style infomercial, with Hilary Kennedy serving as special correspondent.
SPLASH MEDIA CLIENTS FEATURED IN THE INFOMERCIAL
- AMX, hardware and software for home/office technology management
- Humperdinks, a chain of restaurants/breweries
- Covington Aircraft, a manufacturer of airplane engines
- ElectricMan, a 24-hour electrical repair service
- Candle Lamp, a restaurant supplies company
- First Preston, a real estate management company
REGIONAL SPLASH MEDIA INFOMERCIAL SCHEDULE
WFAA-TV (ABC-Channel 8, Dallas-Fort Worth)
(All times Central)
- July 14: 1:30 p.m.
- July 15: 5 a.m.
- July 16: 2 p.m.
- July 20: 1:41 a.m.
KPXD-TV (ION, Channel 68, Dallas-Fort Worth)
- July 16: 9:30 a.m.
- July 19: 9 a.m.
- July 22: 8:30 a.m.
- July 29: 8:30 a.m.
With offices in the South and West, DDTV2 has an unmatched record of success in the industry of direct response television. For over 15 years, the company has provided their clients with results-driven, award-winning creative, production and editorial services. Their clients have included Nutrisystem, Time/Life Books and Music, LifeShield Home Security, HSN Direct and Optimum Lightpath. DDTV2 is a member of the Electronic Retailing Association. For more information, contact Cindy Velsor at 214-532-6328, or Cindy(at)ddtv2(dot)net.
ABOUT SPLASH MEDIA
Splash Media, LP, based in Dallas, is a leader in the social media marketing space. The firm equips, empowers and enables small/midsize businesses to do social media marketing in a way that is effective and has a positive return on investment. Splash Media has tools and education to empower customers who want to do it themselves, and also offers a full-service, managed services model for those companies that wish to outsource.
The full-service model includes customized social media strategies for clients, all text/video content, traditional internet marketing and SEO, and online reputation management. Splash Media’s unique services for clients include a $5.5 million video production facility using state-of-the-art virtual reality backgrounds and an Emmy Award-winning video production staff. The blend of interactive digital marketing and leading-edge video results in compelling content that drives new business leads and creates thriving online communities for customers.
Splash Media also has the most comprehensive and complete social media marketing training and education platform in the world: Splash Media U, a mix of in-person and online video instruction, delivers real-world training for anyone wanting a career in social media marketing. Splash Media U is based on more than 65,000 hours of experience working on successful social media campaigns for small businesses.
Splash Media’s SplashCube software is a robust social media management tool providing automated marketing functionality to drive engagement and generate leads.