Turf professionals face not only agronomic challenges, but significant economic challenges. Spread it & Forget it was created specifically to address these concerns
Loveland, Colo. (Vocus) February 4, 2010
Agrium Advanced Technologies announces Spread it & Forget it, a new controlled-release fertilizer that feeds lawns and professional turf for six months or more with just one application. Spread it & Forget it enables turf professionals to spread fertilizer once, instead of multiple times, and keeps turf lush, green and healthy for a full growing season.
“Turf professionals face not only agronomic challenges, but significant economic challenges. Spread it & Forget it was created specifically to address these concerns,” said Bryan Gooch, product marketing manager, Agrium Advanced Technologies. “With just a single application, Spread it & Forget it delivers green, healthy turf for an entire growing season, so turf professionals save time and money—they can do more with less.”
Spread it & Forget it products are driven by DURATION CR® controlled-release fertilizer technology to ensure steady nutrient release. The advanced-generation polymer coatings gradually release nutrients as plants need them, which protects the environment against nitrogen loss and enables up to 40 percent less total nitrogen to be applied per year.
Each Spread it & Forget it blend is formulated with 90 percent or more of its nitrogen from DURATION CR and up to 10 percent of a quickly available nitrogen source for immediate greening. Products will be available with and without pre-emergent herbicides for added convenience and efficiency.
In 2009, more than 100 turf professionals from 13 states nationwide tried Spread it & Forget it in real-world situations in both Northern and Southern climates, and on all major turf types. Trial sites included commercial and residential sites, such as parks, schools and sports turf. The test group rated it strongly for promoting healthy, green turf while saving on labor and fuel costs associated with multiple trips. In addition, 95 percent of them said they would recommend Spread it & Forget it to a colleague.
“Turf professionals who use Spread it & Forget it save on labor, use less nitrogen, have fewer clippings, but most of all they have more satisfied customers,” added Gooch. “On average, they can save $35 per year on a typical 10,000 square foot lawn by using a single, long-lasting fertilizer application of Spread it & Forget it.”
A single, long-lasting application of Spread it & Forget it is also more environmentally friendly. By releasing nutrients steadily over time, Spread it & Forget it minimizes potential nutrient losses to the environment, atmosphere and groundwater. Because the nutrient release is activated by temperature, it isn’t affected by rainfall or irrigation so turf professionals avoid growth flushes and nitrogen runoff from excessive moisture.
Lawn Care Professionals Support Spread it & Forget it
- “With one application, Spread it & Forget it provided sustained and consistent green color without surge growth for the entire season,” said Robert Windish, president, Fairway Green Inc. “Our customers were so happy with the color that we didn't receive callbacks. That eliminated repeat visits and saved us money.”
- “With just one application in the spring, the turf still looks beautiful after all these months,” said Don McCauley, owner, Don McCauley Landscape Design. “Doing one application of Spread it & Forget it would help me save 50 percent to 60 percent on labor, fuel, products and everything. Plus, one application is better for the environment –there is less leaching into the soil with this product.”
- “Spread it & Forget it is a one-time deal that lasts. The turf stays green longer. For athletic fields that aren’t in season until spring, you can put nutrients on prior to the playing season and not have to worry about it,” said Jason Jarvis, general manager, Organics Unlimited.
- “With Spread it & Forget it, the lawn stayed the same dark green color all season long, from beginning to end,” said Anthony Devito, owner, Anthony Devito Landscaping. “All the pellets are the same size. They are very smooth and spread easily and evenly. With a product like Spread it & Forget it where everything is even, you get better results.”
- Savings Calculator: Spread it & Forget it Savings Calculator
- Product Information: New blends available from Agrium Advanced Technologies
- Distributor Locator: http://www.spreaditandforgetit.com/find_distributor.html
Spread it & Forget it is available from Agrium Advanced Technologies and other select blenders and distributors nationwide. For more information about Spread it & Forget it, please visit http://www.spreaditandforgetit.com or call 888.757.0072.
About Agrium Advanced Technologies
Agrium Advanced Technologies is a strategic business unit of Agrium Inc., a major retail supplier of agricultural products and services in both North and South America and a leading global producer and marketer of agricultural nutrients and industrial products. Agrium Advanced Technologies is the leading manufacturer and marketer of slow- and controlled-release fertilizers and micronutrients in the Agriculture, professional Turf and Ornamental, consumer lawn and garden, and specialty agriculture markets. Agrium Advanced Technologies' brands include: ESN®, POLYON®, XCU™, NITROFORM®, NUTRALENE®, and DURATION CR® slow- and controlled-release fertilizers, ULTRA YIELD® Micronutrients, AMP™ and PRECISE® controlled-release plant protection. These products utilize proprietary advanced generation technologies to control nutrient release for improved plant growth and environmental performance.
For further information
Steve Williams, Manager, Communications
Contact us at: http://www.agriumat.com