Flora, Indiana (PRWEB) May 24, 2012
It can be easy for businesses to ignore their sprinkler systems, until the unexpected happens. Brenneco Fire Protection has launched the Brenneco Risk Calculator to help business owners, CFOs and procurement professionals better understand the financial risks of failing to perform regular fire protection system inspections. The online tool is available at http://brennecofp.com/risk-calculator/.
“It is extremely easy to use,” says Jeff Clute, a Stockholder/ Commercial Insurance Producer with MBAH Insurance, Lafayette, Ind. “I think that it will definitely open some people’s eyes at how little of a cost the maintenance of their system is compared to that of what a loss could cost them.” Clute tested the Risk Calculator before its public launch.
“The math is simple and the conclusion is clear. If you aren’t carrying out regular sprinkler system inspections and you have a fire, chances are good that you are going to pay out of pocket,” Brenneco owner Eric Flora says. “The actual cost of an annual inspection of your fire protection system is well below typical costs of a minor fire, related downtime and possible fines associated with noncompliance.”
The Risk Calculator asks five questions about the business, including the facility’s average monthly expenses, square footage and number of employees. With one click, the answers provide an estimate for an annual inspection and more. Flora answered the questions for Brenneco and here’s what he found.
1. Brenneco’s estimated annual cost to inspect its system(s) is $336.
2. If it weren’t carrying out regular inspections of its system(s), Brenneco’s estimated cost for downtime related to a common unexpected repair would be $1,587.
3. If Brenneco weren’t carrying out regular inspections of its system(s), its estimated loss for a minor fire in its place of business would be $2,125.
4. If it weren’t carrying out regular inspections of its system(s), Brenneco’s estimated cost for 1 day of fines, system repair costs and downtime related to problems found by a fire marshal or other fire inspector would be $3,246.
5. If Brenneco weren’t carrying out regular inspections of its system(s), it would be putting 20 people at risk of injury or death.
Brenneco Fire Protection, based in Carroll County, serves all of Central Indiana with the best defenses in fire protection. Its expert team provides installation, service and inspection services for customers who believe that keeping their businesses and homes safe is a top priority. Brenneco services any size industrial, institutional, commercial or residential building and specializes in those “difficult” and often labor-intensive projects that other contractors shy away from. Visit Brenneco online at http://www.brennecofp.com or call 1-866-967-0017. Watch a Brenneco inspection in action on our YouTube channel.