We are excited to bring John on-board. His experience will prove to be extremely valuable to our clients.
Orange, CA (PRWEB) January 09, 2012
SSAE 16 Professionals is proud to announce they have hired John Mason as a new Director in the firm. As a leading service provider that specializes in SSAE 16 readiness reviews, SSAE 16 Type I Reports, and SSAE 16 Type II Reports, clients are increasing choosing SSAE 16 Professionals for the personalized service and great value.
John Mason, MBA, CISM, CISA, CGEIT, CFE, CBA brings more than 15 years of experience in internal audit, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, enterprise risk management, information security, SSAE 16/SAS 70 compliance, IT audit, and regulatory compliance to our clients. Fluent in Spanish and Portuguese, John also has expertise in international financial and operational audits and loss prevention.
Previously, John served as Assistant Director, Western Region, for a national risk advisory services firm and as Manager, Enterprise Risk Management, for a leading regional accounting services firm. Prior positions include Director, Enterprise Risk Management (insurance); Vice President & CISO, Audit, Compliance, & Investigations (federal credit union); and Assistant Vice President, Audit & Compliance and CISO (federal credit union).
Also an adjunct professor and published author in the Master of Science Information Assurance program at Norwich University, John is a recipient of the nationally-recognized ACUIA Internal Auditor of the Year Award, 1998. He has an MBA degree and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics.
“We are excited to bring John on-board,” says Jim Jimenez, Partner at SSAE 16 Professionals. “His experience will prove to be extremely valuable to our clients”.
SSAE 16 Readiness Reviews
SSAE 16 Readiness Reviews are consulting engagements that are designed to assist service organizations in assessing their preparedness for a SSAE 16 audit. SSAE 16 Professionals works collaboratively with management teams to perform a detailed readiness review and provide a gap matrix that identifies controls that would pass right away, controls that would partially fail, and controls that would fail and require remediation (in priority order with recommendations for remediation). Some firms go right into the SSAE 16 and realize there are issues which result in a qualified opinion. By that time, the service organization has spent a lot of time and money only to get a qualified report (which is useless to both the service organizations and its clients).
SSAE 16 Type I and Type II Reports
In addition to Readiness Reviews, SSAE 16 Professionals completes both Type I and Type II SSAE 16 Reports.
- SSAE 16 Type I Reports - A report on policies and procedures placed in operation as of a specified point in time. SSAE 16 Type I Reports evaluate the design effectiveness of a service provider’s controls and then confirms that these controls have been placed in operation as of a specific date.
- SSAE 16 Type II Reports - A report on policies and procedures placed in operation and tests of operating effectiveness for a period of time. SSAE 16 Type II Reports include the examination and confirmation steps involved in a Type I examination plus include an evaluation of the effectiveness of the controls for a period of at least six calendar months. Most user organizations require their service provider to undergo the Type II level examination for the greater level of assurance it provides.
- SSAE 16 Reports are beneficial because:
- Financial Audit Requirement by SEC - Auditors of your Clients will increase their scrutiny of the “system of internal control” during their audits of the financial statements (Sarbanes-Oxley) - which will result in more requests for your SSAE 16 report.
- Marketing and Competitive Advantage - SSAE 16 can be a key differentiator to prospective clients.
- One Time Audit - Avoids user auditors (auditors of your clients) continuously contacting service organization personnel for separate audits throughout the year. Rather, service organization clients request and rely on the SSAE 16 report.
About SSAE 16 Professionals
SSAE 16 Professionals is one of the nation’s leading firms specializing solely in SSAE 16 audits and readiness assessments. Each of our professionals has over 10 years of relevant experience at “Big 4” and other large international or regional accounting firms. Each professional is certified as a CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), and/or MBA (Master of Business Administration). For more information, please visit http://www.SSAE16Professionals.com.
# # #