“I started Staffing Technologies 16 years ago to provide the best technology staffing services for clients in the Atlanta area,” said Jim McNabb. “Since then, we’ve grown steadily into a $45 million company with over 300 consultants billing in 37 states."
Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) April 21, 2010
Staffing Technologies, a leading provider of information technology and telecommunications resources for both large and small companies, announced today the celebration of its 16th year of helping technology clients find the best talent in the industry. Founded in 1994 by Jim McNabb, president and CEO of Staffing Technologies, the company serves over 100 clients domestically and internationally, including many Fortune 500 companies.
“I started Staffing Technologies 16 years ago to provide the best technology staffing services possible for clients in the Atlanta area,” said Jim McNabb. “We had one small office with just a dozen consultants serving clients. Since then, we’ve grown steadily into a $45 million company with over 300 consultants billing in 37 states in the U.S., and across the world in countries such as Canada and Singapore.”
Over the last four years, the company has expanded outside of Atlanta by opening branch offices in Seattle (2007), Dallas (2007), and Singapore (2008), along with the launch of a temporary staffing division, Staffing Priorities (2006).
Staffing Technologies Points to Upturn in Employment Market With Q1 Momentum
In the first quarter of 2010 (January – March), Staffing Technologies enjoyed the following successes:
- Increased hiring - 70+ contract starts in Q1
- Higher profitability – steady increase in gross profit margin (GPM)
- Significant growth in hiring from Fortune 50 companies – many are now experiencing urgent hiring needs based on the companies’ own successful sales efforts
- Growth in hiring from mid-market companies – companies in $50m to $200m annual revenue range show steady increase in hiring throughout Q1
- In-demand IT skills – The most in demand technology skills that Staffing Technologies has seen in Q1 include: ATG, Sharepoint, .NET, Oracle and SQL Server Database Administrators, .NET Software Architects, Microsoft Software Packaging/Delivery, Bi-lingual Help Desk, and Software Quality Testing
- Market expansion – continuing growth of 10% in consultant headcount in first quarter 2010 in key markets Atlanta, Seattle, DC Metro, and Singapore
- Internal staffing increases – Staffing Technologies has added recruiting and sales staff in all branches in Q1 after a year of reduction in 2009
“2009 was tough for anyone in the staffing industry, most particularly information technology,” said McNabb. “However we began to see a steady recovery that we now realize began in October 2009. We have seen a steady and significant increase in all key metrics around our business – revenue, gross margin, headcount, and days sales outstanding.
“While the last 18 months have been too difficult to roll out the ‘let the good times roll’ banner just yet, I am very pleased with the focus and results of my team across the United States and in Singapore. We can realistically expect a solidly profitable year in 2010, and I credit my entire team for maintaining their focus on bottom-line activities that achieve great results.”
About Staffing Technologies
Staffing Technologies is a global information technology staffing company that provides creative and customized staffing solutions for companies of all sizes. Founded in 1994 and recognized on the Inc. Magazine Inc. 500 list, Staffing Technologies specializes in finding and placing technology professionals for both staff augmentation and special projects -- including hard-to-find resources for enterprise application initiatives. For more information, please visit http://www.staffingtechnologies.com.
Contact for Staffing Technologies