If you have an interest in overseas military action, the people who serve, and what leadership is planning and saying, this app is definitely for you.
(PRWEB) March 20, 2012
Stars and Stripes now offers iPhone users instant access to the U.S. military news and information that matters most, from the unique perspective of an independent news media that operates inside the U.S. Department of Defense.
"If you have an interest in overseas military action, the people who serve, and what leadership is planning and saying, this app is definitely for you," says Drew Schneider, director of interactive media for Stars and Stripes, whose team developed the app.
The customizable app provides important and breaking news on everything from world and national news to U.S. military successes and setbacks to defense spending cuts, troop withdrawals, veterans’ issues and even the latest DoDEA sports. Unique among news media organizations, Stars and Stripes represents a trusted inside source that covers the “military beat” from the service members’ viewpoint.
- Unique reporting from Stars and Stripes journalists located around the world and embedded with our troops.
- Engaging images captured by Stripes photojournalists.
- Eight categories of content that spans the globe, from the Pentagon to Europe and Pacific news to the latest action in Afghanistan.
- Tools to share news with friends and family on Facebook, Twitter and email.
- Local weather, no matter where in the world a person might find themselves.
- Stars and Stripes' insight – unlike any other independent source for U.S. military news.
See a video demo of the Stars and Stripes iPhone app. The new "Stars and Stripes Military News" app for iPhone is available now on the App Store for $.99.
About Stars and Stripes
Stars and Stripes reports on military matters as the only independent source for news and information operating inside the U.S. Department of Defense that serves the global U.S. military community. Editorially independent of any outside interference and influence, Stars and Stripes provides commercially available U.S. and world news and objective, factual staff-produced stories relevant to the military community it serves.