We offer all the support of a franchise without the franchise fees and loss of control.
Columbus, Ohio (PRWEB) January 26, 2012
Designing an efficient coffee shop equipment layout is a vital step in starting a coffee shop, according to Greg Ubert, founder and president of Crimson Cup Coffee & Tea®. He said the ideal coffee bar layout fits into the choreography of the business, promoting success by creating:
- Happy customers, who receive delicious espresso-based coffee drinks in a matter of seconds.
- Happy employees, who serve customers with an economy of motion and without bumping into one another.
- Happy owners, who sell more drinks with less labor and enjoy increased business from happy customers.
Ubert offered three basic tips for efficient coffee shop equipment layout:
1. Because people follow their eyes, the first thing customers should see is the espresso machine. Lead customers to the espresso machine, and then locate the menu nearby.
2. The cash register should be two steps away from the espresso machine, with counter space between the register and the espresso machine to allow for exchanging money and serving the beverage.
3. Everything -- including the espresso machine, cups, spoons, syrups, a refrigerator with milk, etc. -- should be within the barista’s reach.
Over the past 20 years, Crimson Cup has helped set up hundreds of independent coffee houses, saving owners thousands of dollars by teaching them how to lay out a coffee bar for maximum customer and employee satisfaction – and profitability.
Ubert discusses coffee shop equipment layout in more detail in his book, Seven Steps to Success in the Specialty Coffee Industry. Now in its second printing, this common-sense guide is the foundation of Crimson Cup's 7 Steps program, which includes free consultation on coffee shop equipment layout.
Unlike an expensive coffee shop franchise, Crimson Cup's 7 Steps program allows business owners to operate a coffee shop that reflects their individual style, from equipment layout to menus, marketing and more. "We offer all the support of a franchise without the franchise fees and loss of control," Ubert said.
To learn more about the 7 Steps program or to schedule an initial consultation, call 888-800-9224 or visit the Crimson Cup website.
About Crimson Cup Coffee & Tea
Since 1991, Crimson Cup Coffee & Tea® has roasted and packaged quality, great-tasting coffee in Columbus, Ohio and taught independent business owners how to be successful in specialty coffee. In 2007, Crimson Cup opened its first company-owned coffee house, which joined a network of more than 350 independent coffee houses, grocers, college and universities, and food service operations across 25 states that serve Crimson Cup beverages. For more information, visit crimsoncup.com. ccct012612