Local sports can be an exciting way to learn about your destination’s culture while maintaining an active lifestyle.
Greensboro, North Carolina (PRWEB) August 01, 2012
With fall just around the corner, vacationers are in a frenzy to pack in last-minute summer vacations. Before hitting the beach, cruise ship, resort or another vacation destination, be prepared to reject the many indulgences that go hand-in-hand with a bit of relaxation!
LA Weight Loss, one of America’s leading companies for healthy weight loss, understands that it takes motivation to lose weight – and LA Weight Loss is committed to helping you succeed! Since 1997, LA Weight Loss has transformed millions of lives by providing diet plans that are based on nutritious real foods available anytime, anywhere.
“LA Weight Loss is focused on ensuring clients eat well, lose weight and keep the weight off for good,” said Caroline Kolompar, Chief Marketing Officer of LA Weight Loss Centers. “Many of us allow our weight-loss efforts to be derailed on vacation, but our LA Weight Loss Plan teaches you how to enjoy flavorful meals made with real ingredients – even if you’re traveling. The LA Rapid Results Plan accounts for busy lifestyles and different activity levels, giving you the tools and support you need for successful weight loss.”
Many of us lose motivation and make unhealthy food choices while away from home so LA Weight Loss is pleased to share a handful of tips and tricks to ensure that proper nutrition and exercise are incorporated into your summer travel plans.
When we’re traveling, it’s easy to overindulge in local flavor, bursting buffets and cheap eats, but weeks of hard work can be undone in just a couple of weeks. Cruise ships are particularly notorious for their 24/7 buffet services, making it challenging to stick to a plan when tasty food is in constant rotation. However, the following tips can help you overcome the craving for more:
1. Before dining, plan out your portions. Arriving to a meal with your mind set on the appropriate food size is helpful for controlling a potential binge.
2. Ask about smaller portion sizes. Although food portions are increasing, food intake should not. Many restaurants offer half-sized meals that are more acclimated to how much food a body truly requires. If a reduced portion plate is not available, ask your server to box half of your entree to-go before it arrives at the table.
3. Drink a full glass of water before your meal to ward off any ravenous urges to overeat. Often, lack of hydration is mixed up with feeling hungry, so keep drinking water to make sure your body is hydrated and free from any muddled hunger signals!
4. Snack, snack, snack. Instead of a few large meals throughout the day when you’re extremely hungry, pack different healthy snacks such as vegetables or fruit to supplement your daily nutrition. When you’re ready for a main meal, you’ll likely make better choices regarding food type and portion than if you went without food hours beforehand.
5. Don’t try to feel full – try to feel satisfied. Feeling full after a hearty meal is a strong sign of overeating. When you’re dining, ask yourself if you’re feeling satisfied with your meal – if you are, your body is letting you know that it’s had its share of delicious nutrition and does not need another round of food!
Want to exercise, but don’t want to be shackled to a hotel gym? Go outside! Take the opportunity to explore your new locale paired with your favorite exercise regimen. Pack your workout clothes and check out our list of ideas:
1. Love to bike? Many destinations offer bicycle rentals for solo or private tours. Ideal for navigating longer stretches of land, biking offers opportunities to get active while sightseeing from the view of a local.
2. Morning jogs also enable tourists to view their destination while getting in a decent workout. If you’re in a beach city, consider a breezy coastal jaunt; if it’s a woodland area, take up a trail for added adventure.
3. Local sports, especially ones that are not familiar to you, can be an exciting way to learn about your destination’s culture while maintaining an active lifestyle. Interesting activities include outrigger rowing or even camel racing!
On your next vacation, remember to stick to your nutrition and exercise goals by combining the fun of a new trip with your desire to stay in shape!
About LA Weight Loss
Since 1997, LA Weight Loss has helped millions of people reach their long-term weight-loss goals. Whether clients visit an LA Weight Loss center for one-on-one counseling or opt for the convenience of the at-home program, members lose an average of one to two pounds per week and learn how to keep it off for good. At LA Weight Loss, healthy living is not just for the rich and famous – it’s for everyone. For more information about LA Weight Loss, visit http://www.LAWeightLoss.com.