“We have been really impressed with the team at St. Croix...Their collaborative approach and flexibility has been a great fit with our team and has led to terrific results"
Waltham, MA (PRWEB) March 1, 2010
St. Croix Systems, an innovative provider of Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) solutions, today announced the general availability of its new Asset Investment Recovery (AIR) product and the Asset Enterprise 5.2 platform which includes the new Mobile Logistics Manager. Together these new products and the greatly enhanced product suite platform provide healthcare systems managers the most powerful EAM solutions currently available in the industry.
“We are very proud to release AIR and the new 5.2 Asset Management Platform. We have been able to extend our leading position in healthcare EAM by working closely with our clients to develop new products and enhancements that address specific needs and provide hard cost savings,” said Hank Goddard, CEO of St. Croix Systems. “Over the last 12 months, we have replaced competitive products at some of the most prestigious and sophisticated IDNs in the country, validating the relative strength of our solutions. With these new releases, I expect that trend to continue.” A summary of the company’s 2009 performance was made available in a recent press release.
ASSET INVESTMENT RECOVERY (AIR) – IMPROVING CAPITAL RETURN ON USED ASSETS
Following nearly 12 months of development and beta testing in collaboration with Aurora Health Care, a not-for-profit health care system located in eastern Wisconsin and headquartered in Milwaukee, St. Croix Systems is making its award winning AIR product generally available to the market.
AIR is a web-based solution used by health care systems to manage the end of an asset’s lifecycle for maximized capital returns on used assets. It centralizes, streamlines and automates the disposition of used medical equipment to maximize capital recovery at the end of the asset’s useful life. By automating the workflow, decision-making processes and approvals associated with asset disposition – transfer to another department or facility, selling on the open market, donation, scrapping for parts or disposal/recycling – health care facility managers can improve fiscal and supply management throughout the organization. Automated approval processes and internal and external store or auction capabilities, offer a clear audit trail that includes automated change of status and connection with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and financial systems. Key functionality includes:
- Asset assessment and service history available for determining appropriate disposition path and marketing assets for sale
- Customizable asset disposition path, triggers and notifications
- Automated approval management process across departments
- Automated supply chain logistics for pickup, service and shipping of assets
- Multiple channels for asset marketing, such as internal and external auction, available excess inventory listing, available for donation listing, available parts listing and more
- Integration with asset management, CMMS, capital planning, general ledger and inventory systems
- Reporting package for tracking disposition activity
ENHANCEMENTS – ASSET ENTERPRISE 5.2 PLATFORM AND THE NEW MOBILE LOGISTICS MANAGER
In response to customer feedback and evolving customer needs, St. Croix Systems enhances its leading EAM suite of solutions with the availability of the Asset Enterprise 5.2 platform. The complete suite of solutions and key enhancements include:
Asset Enterprise™ with MyVue™ - Enterprise-class CMMS and EAM platform with customizable dashboards
- Added Procedure Checklists editor with the ability to automate the creation of work orders and service requests based on checklist results
- Expanded location hierarchy to enhance scheduling and reporting options for complex enterprise implementations
- Modified Asset Import Utility to further streamline the import of new assets
- Added enhanced audit trail for more detailed user-level reporting
- Improved performance to further improve application and reporting speed
Service Center Manager™ - Enterprise service dispatch and escalation
- Added ability to support unlimited number of paging systems within a single enterprise implementation
- Expanded options for auto-escalation of service requests
- Further enhanced user interface to improve workflow
Logistics Manager™ - Mobile asset location, delivery and utilization tracking
- Added a new Billing Utility to expand equipment billing at the patient and department levels
- Modified Source and Facility Editors to improve user experience
- Enhanced web services for the Admit, Discharge and Transfer (ADT) system interface to simplify and accelerate integration
- Added alerts for assets that are recalled or under repair
- Developed home page with hot links for 1-click navigation, statistics and multiple search options
- Added asset history reports providing more details around utilization
Safety Manager™ - Safety alerts and closed-loop incident management
- Enhanced Environment Of Care (EOC) Rounds Editor to allow for configuration of automated creations of work orders and safety issues based on EOC survey results
- Further enhanced user interface to improve workflow
Insight™ - Dynamic OLAP reporting and dash-boarding
- Expanded cubes for Service Center Manager data analysis
- Expanded cubes for Logistics Manager data analysis
- Added Scheduling Information service (SIS) to provide immediate access to complex data calculations in Standard and Advanced Reports
- Added eight new and modified four existing Standard Reports
- Enhanced Advanced Reporting views to expand user-defined worker productivity reporting options
- Added ability to have user-defined custom reports automatically run and distributed on a set schedule
- Enhanced performance of Advanced Reports
Asset Logistics Interface™ - RFID and Barcode interface
- Enhanced web services for the Real-Time Location System (RTLS) interface to simplify and accelerate integration
“We have been really impressed with the team at St. Croix. They have been highly responsive in addressing any issues that we identify, no matter how elusive, and designing a strategy for resolution that navigates our stringent policies and procedures and still looks ahead to further enhancements. Their collaborative approach and flexibility has been a great fit with our team and has led to terrific results,” said Ms. Lou A. Kotz, IS manager, Specialty Operations, Allina Health System.
In addition to the enrichments above, St. Croix Systems has added enhanced sync data filters to its Mobile Asset Manager™, which ensures that all required information is available, while optimizing performance for the mobile device. St. Croix Systems also expands its popular Logistics Manager to portable hand-held devices further ensuring that actionable data is easily accessible by equipment center staff, biomedical engineers and other key workers.
Both mobile solutions reduce the risk of missing paperwork, such as work orders or asset requests, and improve updating of important asset information. These solutions are ideal for healthcare organizations looking to control costs, increase efficiencies and better manage overall use and lifecycle of hospital assets.
According to Goddard, “Exchanging data via handhelds allows hospitals to maintain the integrity of key work processes, eliminate duplicate data entry and minimize risk for lost data and information. Our highly scalable mobile applications work seamlessly with the Asset Management platform and support bar-coding and RFID implementations. When used properly, mobile solutions can also serve to optimize asset utilization and solidify the business processes established to achieve important financial and clinical goals.”
About St. Croix Systems
Founded in 1993, St. Croix Systems builds easy-to-use yet powerful CMMS and EAM software solutions that give hospitals comprehensive control of every asset in their system from before the purchase decision to final disposition. Our products, designed for use by a single department or multi-hospital system, provide visibility into the internal workings of the hospital to maintain control of equipment and generate data about each asset’s location, condition, maintenance history, lifecycle status, safety/regulatory compliance and costs. Healthcare customers across the country and around the globe have deployed St. Croix Systems’ highly scalable technology. For more information, please visit: http://www.stcroixsystems.com.