What we see is that many SMBs have upwards of 80 GB of data that needs to be backed up, which means that it's just not practical to use online backup solutions designed for consumers
Past News ReleasesRSS
Toronto, Canada (Vocus) January 21, 2009
As someone who is very familiar with the costs incurred by small and midsized businesses (SMBs) due to lack of planning or insufficient data backup strategies, Dave Minns of Storage Guardian urges business owners and IT professionals to get serious about protecting their precious corporate data in 2009. With Storage Guardian's new remote data backup pricing model, which can reduce monthly backup costs by 80 percent, Storage Guardian is making it even easier for SMBs to take advantage of the latest in enterprise-grade online data backup.
Until now, 'highly available' online backup has had a reputation for being beyond the reach of most SMBs, which led to many of them depending on risky onsite tape-based backup approaches or 'consumer-grade' online backup. For many SMBs, the decision to not use a robust online solution that guarantees a full data restore is often driven by the cost of 'highly available' online backup storage. To address this, Storage Guardian has created a hybrid model whereby 'highly available' storage is blended with a tiered-storage approach that features intelligent backup lifecycle management. This can reduce the cost per stored gigabyte to around 60 cents.
"What we see is that many SMBs have upwards of 80 GB of data that needs to be backed up, which means that it's just not practical to use online backup solutions designed for consumers," says Dave Minns, client services manager at Storage Guardian. "Our new pricing model means that SMBs can now afford to make the jump to enterprise-grade online backup, and benefit from a backup system that is specifically geared to the unique needs of companies that use Exchange, Small Business Server, SharePoint Server, and Active Directory. We work directly with our clients and resellers to formulate a data retention strategy specific to their needs."
A no-cost 30-day trial is available here: http://www.storageguardian.com/free_trial.php .
With more than ten years of experience and hundreds of satisfied customers, Storage Guardian remote data backup service has established itself as a dependable provider of enterprise-grade online backup technology for smaller companies. What sets it apart from the many low-cost alternatives in the market are online data backup features optimized for businesses that depend on servers (nowadays, that's most SMBs):
- A tiered-storage approach that includes a) a local backup of first-generation data; b) a highly available second tier of online backup; c) a third tier of near-line backups of mature data (typically backups that have aged past 90 days.
- Convenience and flexibility are two crucial considerations when a major data restore is needed. Storage Guardian offers the ability to perform a "bare metal restore" to a completely different computer.
- To save time, the initial backup is performed on an external drive that is shipped to the Storage Guardian. Similarly, if a major restore is needed, Storage Guardian can overnight-courier an external drive containing crucial data.
- Storage Guardian's ultra-secure online backup technology uses AES 256-bit encryption PLUS hardware authentication.
- Storage Guardian can restore individual mail boxes and contacts from MS Exchange and Outlook.
About Storage Guardian
Storage Guardian delivers business continuity protection and information lifecycle management. Storage Guardian is used by small and midsize businesses, enterprises, and multiple-platform LAN computing environments that want to safeguard their critical business data in a secure, off-site location. Its remote backup service is the culmination of a decade of intense research and software development and represents a superior alternative to tape-based data recovery systems. All Storage Guardian's solutions are based on Televaulting technology from Asigra , a recognized leader in enterprise online backup. The company is also developing a select network of authorized VARs to service the off-site backup and fast data recovery needs of companies located throughout North America. http://www.storageguardian.com.
# # #