“That Storage Guardian has attained a SAS 70 Type II audit validates the integrity of our clients’ data as well as the statements that we provide to our clients,” said Omry Farajun, Storage Guardian’s founder and president.
Toronto, Canada (PRWEB) May 13, 2010
Storage Guardian, the company that specializes in online and cloud backup solutions for small and medium-sized businesses, has completed the Statement on Auditing Standards (SAS) No. 70 for service providers, receiving a service auditor’s Type II report. The SAS 70 Type II report is a widely recognized auditing standard developed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), and affirms that Storage Guardian’s policies and procedures are appropriately designed with the proper controls in place, and functioning as designed. In addition, the Type II report indicates that these controls were in place and effective during a six-month period.
“That Storage Guardian has attained a SAS 70 Type II audit validates the integrity of our clients’ data as well as the statements that we provide to our clients,” said Omry Farajun, Storage Guardian’s founder and president. “Further, the completion of this audit over a defined period indicates that our processes and procedures not only ensure the security of the data we store on behalf of our clients, but also validates the high level of information integrity that we warrant to our clients and partners.”
Storage Guardian’s systems and infrastructure subjected to rigorous tests
The SAS 70 Type II audit focused on Storage Guardian’s datacenter and its hosted service. Additionally, the auditors investigated other aspects of the company’s organization and culture, including management philosophy, human resources policies, training, and a variety of controls that ensure the company’s overall control environment is consistent with the its stated mission of offering comprehensive data protection and recovery services to its clients. All data requested was provided to the auditors in an appropriate format, including employee manuals, security doctrines, training records, past employee records, sample customer contracts, backup records, regular maintenance logs, a tour of the off-site backup facility, and other relevant items that would enable the auditors to form an independent opinion that Storage Guardian met the requirements of the SAS 70 Type II report.
Why Storage Guardian is the leader for small-business online backup
With more than ten years of experience and thousands of satisfied customers, Storage Guardian’s remote data backup service has established itself as a dependable provider of enterprise-grade online backup technology for smaller companies. What sets it apart from the many low-cost alternatives in the market are online data backup features optimized for businesses that depend on Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Microsoft Small Business Server 2003/2008, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, Novell GroupWise, and Lotus Notes.
MSPs and VARs can benefit from Storage Guardian’s enterprise-ready approach:
- A cost-saving tiered-storage approach that includes: a) a local backup of first-generation data; b) a highly available second tier of online backup; c) a third tier of near-line backups of mature data (typically backups that have aged past 90 days).
- Competitive pricing at a rate of $3.00 (50 cents for tiered storage) per compressed GB per month (based on a 3:1 compression ratio).
- Convenience and flexibility are two crucial considerations when a major data restore is needed after a catastrophic server failure. Storage Guardian’s ‘bare metal’ capability can restore data backup up from one server to a completely different server.
- To save time for new customers, the initial backup is performed on a portable drive that is then shipped to Storage Guardian. Similarly, if a major restore of a large amount of data is needed, Storage Guardian can overnight a portable drive containing the data to be restored.
- Storage Guardian’s ultra-secure online backup technology uses AES 256-bit encryption plus hardware authentication. Information to be backed up is de-duplicated (deduped), compressed and encrypted before transmission to Storage Guardian’s SAS-70 compliant datacenter.
Storage Guardian secure online backup: http://www.storageguardian.com
Storage Guardian blog: http://www.storageguardian.com/blog
Storage Guardian YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/storageguardian
Follow Storage Guardian on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/storageguardian — @storageguardian
About Storage Guardian
Storage Guardian delivers business continuity protection and information lifecycle management. Storage Guardian is used by small and midsize businesses, enterprises, and multiple-platform LAN computing environments that want to safeguard their critical business data in a secure, off-site location. Its remote backup service is the culmination of a decade of intense research and software development and represents a superior alternative to tape-based data recovery systems. All Storage Guardian’s solutions are based on televaulting technology from Asigra, a recognized leader in enterprise online backup. The company is also developing a select network of authorized VARs to service the off-site backup and fast data recovery needs of companies located throughout North America. http://www.storageguardian.com.
# # #