The users on Pinterest are 80% female, and many of them are college students. Ignoring this platform would be a big mistake since sorority girls are frequent customers at embroidery and screen printing businesses...
Austin, Tx (PRWEB) June 27, 2013
College students are the ideal target demographic for screen printers/embroidery businesses to target as consumers, as students always have a reason for getting custom gear. For example, they may need matching t-shirts for their intramural softball team or want their fraternity letters embroidered onto a fleece vest. Whatever the reason, they frequently purchase personalized merchandise. Here are a few ways to market to this valuable and popular demographic and--ergo--increase your chances of landing more business and developing a group of loyal customers...
Reach Them Through Facebook
Facebook is an extremely important tool for screen printers/embroidery shops to use—especially since it’s the most widely used social media platform. A business can considerably expand its reach if Facebook is used correctly.
- Publish product photos and descriptions online
- Post promotions or contests
- Ask questions to fans or use the poll feature to gather information
- Link to outside articles on new types of printing or monogramming
- Give the business a voice by creating a virtual personality
Spark Their Interest With Pinterest
Pinterest usage has boomed since its launch in 2011, and it has become one of the fastest growing social media platforms in history. The users on Pinterest are 80% female, and many of them are college students. Ignoring this platform would be a big mistake since sorority girls are frequent customers at embroidery and screen printing businesses.
Features of Pinterest and Ways to Use It:
- Showcase products for re-pinning
- Utilize the search capabilities for product ideas and/or business introductions
- Conduct a broad or narrow product search
Allow Students to Check-In With Foursquare
Foursquare is an important tool for small businesses, which is fitting, as many screen printers and embroiderers are smaller companies that need to build up their social media presence.
Why Foursquare Works:
- It gives businesses the chance to receive feedback in the form of tips left by previous customers
- It provides a way for businesses to offer promotions to those who "check-in" at the business
- Geo-tracking makes it possible to be found by nearby potential customers
- It gives a the business a way to display their hours of operation and phone number for potential customers
Blog About Merchandise
Starting a business blog can be an amazing way to introduce new products, showcase popular ones and give more detailed explanations and product descriptions to readers who are—or might transform into—customers.
The Best Parts About Blogging:
- Posts feel personal and give the business a clear and distinct voice
- There’s the opportunity to showcase and describe each product in full detail
- It provides the opportunity to give an inside look into the process that each product goes through before being "shelved" and explain the labor and love that goes into each
- It’s a good way to inform readers about new techniques
Study Breaks College Media provides a one-stop solution for small businesses, providing them with big marketing strategies and delivering college students.
Study Breaks magazine is an award-winning line of monthly entertainment magazines for college students with a mission can best be explained through its slogan: We are college life. Published by Shweiki Media Printing Company, it is distributed in five Texas cities (Austin, Houston, San Antonio, San Marcos and Lubbock). (Studybreaks.com)