Registration is now open for Subversion Live, a series of one day conferences for developers, administrators and IT managers to be held at four locations in the US and the UK in September.
San Ramon, CA (PRWEB) July 26, 2010
WANdisco, the makers of Subversion with the most active core developers from the project on staff, today announced that registration is now open for Subversion Live, a series of one day conferences for developers, administrators and IT managers to be held at four locations in the US and the UK in September. Each conference will feature live sessions covering Subversion’s future with the developers creating it, as well as expert-led best practices workshops focused on getting the most out of using Subversion.
Registration Open Now:
Demand is very high, early registration is highly recommended. Registration is available online at:
- Subversion 1.7 and the Way Forward – During this keynote session Hyrum Wright, Subversion’s release manager since 2008 and WANdisco’s Director of Open Source, will discuss the release of Subversion 1.7 and the significant enhancements it will provide, including HTTPv2, which promises to boost performance while preserving the benefits of web access to Subversion. Mr. Wright will also discuss the roadmap for the Subversion project beyond 1.7.
- Working Copy Enhancements – During this session, major enhancements to Subversion’s working copy library, including centralized metadata storage and improved extensibility will be covered. These enhancements will lay the groundwork for offline commits and other features normally associated with distributed version control systems such as Git and Mercurial.
- Obliterate – During this session, Obliterate, a new feature that cleanly removes obsolete files and other data from Subversion repositories will be explained. Obliterate will include comprehensive audit and recovery capabilities to guarantee that history is always available.
- Roundtable with the Committers – Attendees will have the opportunity to discuss the enhancements that they would like to see in future releases of Subversion and exchange ideas with other Subversion users and administrators.
- Expert-led best practices workshops for Subversion developers and administrators.
Dates and Locations:
- 9/14 - Silicon Valley - San Jose Hilton
- 9/16 - Boston - Crowne Plaza, Newton, MA
- 9/23 - Sheffield, UK - Electric Works
- 9/28 - London, UK - Heathrow Airport Hilton
Registration and further information can be found at http://www.wandisco.com/events/subversionlive2010. WANdisco recommends early registration, as space is limited.
Buy a Support Contract & Support Subversion!
WANdisco also recently announced that the profits from the sale of its Subversion support contracts go directly toward the hiring of additional Subversion committers and supporting the activities of the community. Due to the success of its Subversion support services offerings, WANdisco has been able to hire senior Subversion committers such as Hyrum Wright, Julian Foad, Phillip Martin, Stefan Kung, Erik Huelsmann and others who have come on board recently.
Enterprise-Class Subversion Support Services
WANdisco’s Subversion support services are backed by a dedicated team of core Subversion development, QA and support professionals based at the company’s offices in the US and the UK. As a result, all of WANdisco’s Subversion support customers have access to secure, high quality live support and immediate fixes on a 24-by-7 basis regardless of where they’re located. This level of support is critical when problems arise and it’s the reason so many organizations that want the same support available with commercial enterprise software switch to WANdisco. The team is led by Hyrum Wright, WANdisco’s Director of Open Source. Hyrum has also been the release manager for the Subversion project since early 2008.
Support options include:
- 24-by-7 Online, Phone and Email Support.
- Guaranteed response times.
- Global coverage from the United States and Europe.
- Automated delivery of fixes and upgrades.
- Technical Account Managers who act as a single point of contact for critical issues.
- Indemnification coverage to protect against third party intellectual property claims.
- Security solutions that deliver automated access control and audit reporting.
- Semi-annual Subversion System Health Check.
- ‘Bug Buddy’ a service backed by senior Subversion committers to champion customer enhancement requests.
WANdisco’s in detail Subversion support services are described at: http://www.wandisco.com/products/svn/support.php.
WANdisco also sponsors and contributes to the TortoiseSVN project, which develops the popular Subversion client for Windows. As a result, WANdisco is able to offer free downloads of the latest fully tested version of TortoiseSVN at http://www.wandisco.com/subversion/os/downloads . Information about enterprise-class support for TortoiseSVN can be found at: http://www.wandisco.com/products/svn/tortoise/support.php.
WANdisco Offers Free Online Subversion Training
WANdisco is currently offering a series of free online one hour bi-weekly Subversion training classes through August. The following classes are scheduled:
- “Introduction to Subversion for Developers” on July 28, 2010. Subversion’s architecture and design principles will be covered and attendees will be introduced to using Subversion.
- “All About Subversion Hook Scripts” on August 11, 2010. Hook scripts are server-side executables tied to various Subversion events. Attendees will learn how to implement hook scripts for email notification of events, commit validation, integration with issue trackers and other external systems and other common use cases.
- “Subversion Locking” on August 25, 2010. During this course, attendees will learn how and when to use Subversion locking to control access to files during development. Alternatives to using locking to control file access will also be discussed.
Registration for these classes is available at: http://wandisco.com/webinar/subversion/training . WANdisco recommends early registration, as space is limited.
Recent News and Resources
Free Download: Subversion Open Source:
Subversion Professional Support:
WANdisco Subversion Enterprise:
WANdisco is a leading provider of infrastructure software for replication, scalability and high availability, and a corporate sponsor of the Subversion open source project with core developers from the project on staff. By using WANdisco's totally unique replication technology, software development can now occur anywhere without any constraints. Fortune Global 1000 companies such as AT&T, Honda, NTT and Motorola rely on WANdisco's suite of source code management solutions. A recent Forrester Total Economic Impact (TEI) study of WANdisco's Subversion MultiSite revealed a 167% return on investment with a nine-month payback period. WANdisco is also a corporate sponsor of the open source Subversion project, and plays an active role with core developers from the project on staff. Subversion is recognized by Forrester as the sole leader in the Standalone Software Configuration Management (SCM) category. For more information, please visit us at http://www.wandisco.com.
Subversion (SVN) is a version control system initiated in 2000. It is used to maintain current and historical versions of files such as source code, web pages, and documentation. Its goal is to be a mostly-compatible successor to the widely used Concurrent Versions System (CVS). In a 2007 report by Forrester Research, Subversion was recognized as the sole leader in the Standalone Software Configuration Management (SCM) category and a strong performer in the Software Configuration and Change Management (SCCM) category.
Subversion is released under the Apache License, making it free software.
For more information, please visit us at http://subversion.wandisco.com