Santa Clara, CA (PRWEB) February 26, 2013
WITI - Women in Technology International - announced today a preliminary list of speakers and events for the Annual Women Powering Technology Summit scheduled to take place at the Marriott in Santa Clara, California, June 2-4, 2013.
The WITI Summit will feature keynote presentations, panel discussions, thought-provoking dialogues, and interactive workshops with outstanding women executives from technology and business, for example:
· Mastering the critical transformation from social media to social business
· How up-and-coming women in tech are overcoming industry challenges
· Taking business to the next level with strategic alliances and partnerships
· What Big Data is and why it’s important to you as a consumer
· Benefits and challenges of doing business globally
· Ten disciplines for working smarter, not longer or harder
· Developing skills to catalyze powerful, positive change in your organization
· And much, much more.
"WITI members are key leaders and contributors to technology and business innovation. Every year, our global community of executive women, entrepreneurs, and technology thought leaders from around the world, gather at our annual Summit to explore new possibilities, and develop strategies around advancing the business of technology through partnership and collaboration," said WITI Founder and Chairwoman, Carolyn Leighton. "WITI's membership, corporate partners, sponsors and Summit attendees represent a powerful network of business advocates and advisers dedicated to the development of women leaders worldwide."
The Women Powering Technology Summit features popular VIP events such as the Online Executive Auction fundraising event, Taste of Technology Reception, Founder's Reception and the prestigious Women in Technology Foundation Hall of Fame Awards, which honors women who have accomplished remarkable feats in their respective fields, in science and technology, while maintaining a dedication to encouraging the advancement of women. Educational and career development events will include the WITI Career Fair presented by JobTarget, to help jobseekers meet companies dedicated to hiring top women talent.
A preliminary list of WITI’s 2013 Summit speakers includes:
· Sandy Carter, Vice President, Social Business Evangelism and Sales, IBM
· Amanda Coolong, COO and Chief Host, TechZulu
· Radhika Emens, CEO & Founder, Tanjah Partners
· Cindy Gallop, Founder & CEO, IfWeRanTheWorld
· Penny Herscher, CEO & President, FirstRain
· Jane Lubchenco, Ph.D., Administrator, National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and 2012 WITI Hall of Fame Honoree
· Barbara Trautlein, Ph.D., Principal, Change Catalysts
· Nimma Bakshi, President, Association of Strategic Alliance Professionals
For the latest information, please visit: http://www.witi.com/summit.
Participating companies in this year's Summit include: ADP, AT&T, Cargill, IBM, EMC, FICO, GEICO, Oracle, Wells Fargo
WITI is the world's leading trade association for professional, tech-savvy women committed to using technology, resources and connections to advance women worldwide. With a global network of exceptionally successful women leaders, WITI has established powerful strategic alliances and programs to provide resources, and opportunities within a supportive environment of women committed to helping each other succeed. WITI's mission is to empower women worldwide to achieve unimagined possibilities and transformations through technology, leadership and economic prosperity. For more information, please visit http://www.witi.com. Follow @WITI on Twitter. Like WomenInTech on Facebook. + WITI on G+. Active WITI members can also join the WITI LinkedIn Group.