The latest research also indicates that some people are just not getting enough vitamin D, and because the current safe upper limit for vitamin D is 2,000 IU per day, we wanted to let everyone know how important vitamin D really is.
Fargo, ND (Vocus) March 12, 2010
Swanson Health Products has added vitamin D to their 7 Basic Supplements for Good Health as developed by the natural health experts at Swanson Health Products. The 7 Basic Supplements for Good Health was originally developed to take the guess work out of getting started with a vitamin and supplement regimen.
Cathleen Wendel, Web Content Supervisor for Swanson Health Products, explains why vitamin D was added to the seven basic supplements: “In light of all the recent research, we simply had to add vitamin D to this popular feature. The latest research also indicates that some people are just not getting enough vitamin D, and because the current safe upper limit for vitamin D is 2,000 IU per day, we wanted to let everyone know how important vitamin D really is—especially for people who have no idea where to start with vitamins and supplements.”
The following guide provides an introduction to Vitamin D Plus the 7 Basic Supplements for Good Health:
1. Multivitamin and Mineral Complex – A multivitamin and mineral complex contains a variable number of essential and/or non-essential nutrients. Their primary purpose is to provide a convenient way to take a variety of supplemental nutrients from a single product, in order to prevent vitamin or mineral deficiencies, as well as to achieve higher intakes of nutrients believed to be of benefit above typical dietary levels.
2. Calcium and Magnesium – Calcium is the most abundant, essential mineral in the human body. It is needed to form bones and teeth and is also required for blood clotting, transmission of signals in nerve cells, and muscle contraction. Magnesium is also an essential mineral to the human body. It is needed for bone, protein, and fatty acid formation, making new cells, activating B vitamins, relaxing muscles, clotting blood, and forming adenosine triphosphate (the energy the body runs on). The secretion and action of insulin also requires magnesium.
3. Fiber – Fiber helps to clean out excess waste and toxic buildup in the colon. It also plays a supporting role in blood sugar maintenance and cholesterol health. One caution with fiber supplements: do NOT take them at the same time as other supplements or medications, as fiber can lessen their strength and effectiveness.
4. Essential Fatty Acids – EFAs support cardiovascular, skin, brain, nerve and blood health. Perhaps the most important health contributions of omega-3 EFAs relate to cognitive function, mood stability, and cardiovascular health. So-called "primitive" diets rich in fresh vegetables and fish had much higher levels of EPA and DHA than our modern diets high in processed and refined foods.
5. Chlorella – The Standard American Diet is known to be low in essential vitamins and minerals, as well as other healthy nutrients. Chlorella is one of the most nutritionally dense foods on the planet, containing a full range of vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, amino acids, detoxifying chlorophyll and plenty of important phytochemicals.
6. Probiotics – Probiotics contain “good” bacteria—similar to those occurring naturally in the human body. These bacteria help keep the GI system strong for optimal assimilation of food and good colon health. Probiotics also assist with digestion.
7. CoQ10 – CoQ10 is also known as Coenzyme Q10 or ubiquinone. CoQ10 is necessary for the basic function of cells. Because production of CoQ10 peaks early on in life, most people benefit from CoQ10 supplements.
8. (+) Vitamin D – Vitamin D is essential to human health. Known for its major role in supporting strong, healthy bones, vitamin D is also becoming known as a valuable immune supporting nutrient, especially for seasonal wellness.
The complete Vitamin D Plus the 7 Basic Supplements for Good Health resource can be found in the Health Library at swansonvitamins.com.
Swanson Health Products is an industry leader in bringing vitamins direct to consumers at the lowest prices possible. Swanson Health Products, located in Fargo, ND, offers the highest quality vitamins, supplements and natural health care products and is Good Manufacturing Practices certified. Swanson Health Products goes a step beyond its competitors by offering powerful guarantees. All products are backed by a 100% Satisfaction, Money-Back Guarantee and Double the Difference Lowest Price Guarantee. For more information, please visit swansonvitamins.com.