Fargo, ND (PRWEB) January 13, 2009
With the recent extreme temperatures throughout the U.S. this winter, many are feeling the effects of dry skin. According to The National Center for Health Statistics, 9 million Americans have complained about dry skin. During the winter months, dry skin is exacerbated by low humidity and traveling from the warmth of a house to the freezing chill of the air outside. Thankfully, Swanson Vitamins has 6 tips to help with the nuisance of dry skin.
Things to do on the outside:
- Place a humidifier next to your bed at night with the door closed. This will help keep moisture in and create the humidity needed.
- When taking a shower or bath, limit your time to 10 minutes and use luke-warm water. Water that is too hot can dehydrate the skin. Pat your skin dry, do not rub, and apply a moisturizer to damp skin. Nature's Gate Colloidal Oatmeal Lotion contains oatmeal, a wonderful skin-soothing ingredient.
- Taking a sole bath using Dr. Barbara Hendel's Himalayan Crystal salt not only rejuvenates you from the inside, it also causes salt to be stored in the top layer of the skin so that it stays moist and supple.
- Mix your lotion with coconut oil. Yes, it is an ingredient listed in many recipes found at Swanson Vitamins, but it can also be used topically to support skin health. Coconut oil is quickly absorbed into the top layers of the skin to provide incredibly soft skin.
Supplement from the inside out:
- Drinking 8 glasses of water a day is not only a good tip for a weight-loss plan, it's also a good tip when wanting to hydrate your skin. Water can plump up skin cells to create a softer, smoother skin texture.
- Increase EFA's in your diet. Omega-3 fatty acids help replace moisture in dry hair and skin. Swanson Vitamins has MultiOmega with Fish Oil which combines flax, borage and fish oils that not only supports skin health, but supports cardiovascular and joint health as well.
Swanson Vitamins is an industry leader in bringing vitamins direct to consumers at the lowest price possible. Swanson Vitamins, located in Fargo, ND, offers the highest quality vitamins, supplements and natural health care products and is GMP certified. Swanson Vitamins goes a step beyond its competitors by offering powerful guarantees. All products are backed by a 100% Satisfaction, Money-Back Guarantee and Double the Difference Lowest Price Guarantee. For more information, please visit Swanson Vitamins.