Fargo, ND (PRWEB) December 19, 2008
Starting the day after Thanksgiving, many people rush to department stores to get the best deals on presents for the holidays. So begins the 4 week holiday season that is known to cause stress, anxiety and even depression. With the economy in turmoil, this year is no different. Swanson Vitamins offers 5 tips on how to relax and enjoy the holiday season.
1. Take time to spend with the family- A good support system with family and friends is important. Reconnecting with loved ones during the holidays can help alleviate stress.
2. Set aside "Me Time" every week- According to a survey by American Psychological Association, 34% of respondents say lack of time is what stresses them out during the holiday season. From shopping to baking to countless parties, most Americans have a hard time relaxing. Make "Me Time" a priority. Create a relaxing atmosphere by adding a few drops of lavender oil to a bubble bath. Lavender in a bubble bath can calm frazzled nerves in a matter of minutes.
3. Plan a budget and stick to it- The biggest cause of stress, especially with this economy, is money. Before the holiday shopping starts, plan a budget and stick to it. Many retailers are offering huge discounts to help jump start their sales. Knowing how much to spend before you shop will help relieve stress.
4. Soak up the sunshine or light- North American holidays occur when there is the least amount of light. Getting more exposure to a particular type of light can improve moods. Swanson Vitamins offers the SunSplash 8 Tanning System, a convenient way to get the light your body needs.
5. Get enough rest- Finally, remember to get enough rest. All the holiday tension could be related to sheer exhaustion. Use time management to ensure you get the recommended 8 hours of sleep each night. For those that need help winding down, Swanson Vitamins has all-natural products like Melatonin to support a better night's sleep.
Swanson Vitamins is an industry leader in bringing vitamins direct to consumers at the lowest price possible. Swanson Vitamins, located in Fargo, ND, offers the highest quality vitamins, supplements and natural health care products and is GMP certified. Swanson Vitamins goes a step beyond its competitors by offering powerful guarantees. All products are backed by a 100% Satisfaction, Money-Back Guarantee and Double the Difference Lowest Price Guarantee. For more information, please visit http://www.swansonvitamins.com.